Jurassic Park Box... worth buying?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tyler T, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Tyler T

Tyler T Stunt Coordinator

I have seen the box at a lot of stores (the one with the three films and the bonus documentary) and it has intresed me. First, is their a DTS version of this box? I'm not sure if it features the DTS discs, but I am wondering because I have held out on many titles that are DTS (like Twister and Jaws) because I want to buy a surround system that features DTS with it. Second, would I be wasting some of my money just buying JP3? I've heard it was a stinker, but I really want to get that set.

2. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

The only movie in the box with DTS is Jurassic Park III which has both DTS and DD 5.1 tracks.

Jurassic Park III is about as good as the second - a fun adventure film, that loses much of the serious drama and sci-fi business that made the first movie so special. The effects are no longer mind-blowing, although they are excellent, we've just grown accustomed to expect them. Shorter movie, pretty much mediocre, but not bad enough to pass up getting the Trilogy Box Set for. Haven't seen the 4th Disc myself yet, but it's waiting for me at home when I get there this weekend.

3. Tyler T

Tyler T Stunt Coordinator