What's new

Jurassic Park Bonus Disk (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone received either the Jurassic Park extras disk with the case or the 'free' movie yet? I just noticed that my checks have not even cleared the bank yet.

Did I make a mistake by not sending them certified mail? Did anyone see anything like - delivery in 4 - 6 weeks?

Glenn

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It's a 4-6 or 6-8 week deal. I sent mine in between Christmas and New Years and the check has not cleared yet, either. I mailed in for both the bonus disc + box and the free DVD. The free DVD was from a Best Buy rebate where there was no shipping and handling required (same DVDs to choose from, different PO Box and form), so there is no check to clear for that one in my case.

Regards,

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
The free dvd has to be post-marked by Jan 15 and I believe the extras dvd and box has to be postmarked by March 15, someone correct me if I'm wrong on the latter.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Considering it took Universal 6 weeks to send my replace Jurassic park dts DVD, I expect them to take at least that long this time.

PaulG

Stunt Coordinator
I wrote out checks on December 12th, mailed on 13th, and neither has cleared as yet, January 15th. Not unusual for a mail-in thing.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad someone brought this up. I was reconciling my checkbook last night and also noticed that this check had not cleared yet. :)

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
My check (for Bonus Disc) hasn't cleared yet either. Decided to skip on the Free DVD deal.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I remember the offer saying allow 10 (maybe even 10-12) weeks for fullfillment. Probably another good month or so until we see anything. Universal is notoriously slow on these offers.

J

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
It definitely said at least 8 weeks and I think it said 10-12, as posted. I don't expect to see it before March.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
My check hasn't cleared yet either, but I'm not expecting this to be shipped to soon.
It will probably be a pleasant suprise come July.
JohnG:D

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I sent in my check for the bonus disc and also sent for the free DVD offer (no check - used Best Buy rebate form) 3 days after the release of the movie on DVD. The check hasn't cleared yet...hoping it will soon but I'm not holding my breath!

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Phew! I was getting worried I screwed something up when I noticed that the checks hadn't cleared yet (I too noticed that Microsoft Money was out of balance). You would think that Universal would cash these things immediately since it is in their financial interest to cash them ASAP (i.e., time value of money).
First person that posts that they got it gets the prize. BTW, I am an absolute idiot. I didn't realize you didn't need postage and handling with the Best Buy offer...I bought it from best buy but figured they were the same and didn't want to deal with that annoyingly long receipt. I'm out $2.25 now! Son of a... :angry: I am a dumbass.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:b WAIT you guys balance your check book.
Yeah. It's the computer age. Buy Quicken! :)
At least get the at-or-near-free MS Money, which is almost as good even if it doesn't talk to TurboTax nearly as well (but that's no suprise, since Quicken and TurboTax are both from Intuit).
In this day and age, there really ought to be no excuse. I've been using Quicken from the days of the Apple //e!!! :eek:

LarryH

Supporting Actor
I saw in another thread where some people have gotten their bonus disk and slipcase. I thought mine would arrive soon, but still no sign of it. My check was apparently cashed January 28 (could have been earlier - some of the endorsements were overstamped and unreadable).

Anybody got any stats on whether the date of cashing the check has any relevance to when one might reasonably finally expect to get this thing?

SimonKing

Auditioning
I sent in my check right after I bought JPIII for the free DVD (picked Dragonheart). I'm not sure when they cashed the check, but I did get Dragonheart in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks