What's new

Jurassic park "Adventure Pack" - 11/29/05 (1 Viewer)

Sebastien S

Second Unit
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

Looks like a good deal for someone who doesn't own these movies as the price is right! (Reminds me of the "Robocop" or "Karate Kid" sets that also featured all the movies in the series and were equaly as cheap.)

But what about those of us that already own two or all three movies... Does this new set offer a good reason to upgrade (new transfer, new bonus' ect...) or is it just the same three discs together in a new package?

Mark Lucas

Second Unit
Looks like the 3 films packaged together. Not even the DTS versions of JP1 and 2. Wasn't there a previous package with a 4th bonus disc with documentaries? Yep, there was.

There's a bunch of Chinese Superbit dvds of the JP trilogy floating around Ebay. Supposedly a lot of them are bootlegs though.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I've read they are the same discs that are available & not the DTS version of JP1. :frowning:

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I'd be very, very hard pressed to buy Jurassic Park again unless its on the Blu-Ray format.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
jp superbit?? JP is a Universal title, superbits are Columbia titles. What gives?
Also, will it play in my DVD player when I get a copy?
:D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
He said Japanese Superbit. Columbia owns the rights to JP in Japan.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Bumping for this week's release. . .

Circuit is advertising this set for $19.99 with a free ticket to King Kong included.

Target is advertising it for $14.99, but with no mention of the free ticket.

Anyone know if the free ticket is included with all versions of the Adventure Pack, or just Circuit's?

$15 for this set, with a free ticket to Kong is a hell of a deal. . .

Matt MS

Auditioning
All of universals DVDs coming out on tuesday have the ticket.
Tremors pack, Mummy set, Jurassic set, and the Frighteners dvd.

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit

Figures. I picked up all three from Circuit City last year for $9.99 a piece. Ah well, it was a good deal at the time.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
are there any extra features on the dd versions that are not on the dts versions for part 1 and 2?

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

Yes. Jurassic Park has a set of video animatics (basically moving storyboards), and Lost World has the two deleted scenes that were shown in the network TV cut of the film.

-Lyle J.P.

Jeremy Brupaste

Stunt Coordinator
The Canadian versions have no Kong ticket inside. As a matter of fact, every copy of this, The Mummy set and the Tremors set at the Best Buy I went to had sticker residue where I assume the Kong promo was once labelled...it looks like the staff just peeled them off. Poorly.

Is the packaging for The Mummy: Franchise Collection supposed to be this shoddy? The box is pretty cool, but the discs are packaged loosely within. It looks awful. I wanted the set for the first two movies and the Kong ticket...but I expected something better than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks