Jurassic Park 4 in the works?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jonathon Tillman, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Jonathon Tillman

Jonathon Tillman Stunt Coordinator

Take a look at comingsoon.net Full story!
    http://comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/archiv...9220329,75782,
    If we could actually forget what happend in Juarssic Park III and move on to the real Jurassic park 3 in Jurassic park 4 then maybe we will get what Jurassic park 3 lacked from the other two.
    Some people liked JP3 and some disliked, I for one disliked it and alot of people I know said it sucked.
    I am a JP fan Just like there are star wars fans out there.
    I do realize that Star wars has alot more sequels and JP currently has 3 but I really got into the first two films.
    What was wrong with the 3rd film, I feel it was missing something from the 1st and the 2nd, well it really did not have any suspence and it was all day scenes. And because speilberg did not direct it. But now I happy he didn't because JP3 would have brought steven down with him with a screen play like that.
    But I think Universal and Amblim are saying wait a minute, We spent alot of money on the special effects and animatronics but We got a lot less from the other two. we need some really new ideas bring back the same actors and get a excellent screenplay. Oh and have Steven Speilberg direct it.
    I mean come on Speilberg should really finish this he is the best the one and only.

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

What was wrong with 3 was that it was too short. 1 & 2 were both over 2 hours, with 3 being 1 and 1/2. I guess this would go to bad writing.

But, if and when this does come out, they already have one sale. Why? I don't care half as much for the plot as I'm just there to see the dinosaurs.

It does need to be over 2 hours, though. We need some sort of a madman to empty out both islands and drop them off on the new world.

Glenn

3. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

Funny, I thought other than a rushed ending JP3 delivered the goods. The Lost World was an embarrasment and complete departure from the book so IMO it was the weakest of the 3. Granted there was no book for 3 but it was a monster movie, plain and simple and I really enjoyed it. Not entirely sure how they could "Take it to the next level". They'll probably be including Mothra and Destoroyah next [​IMG]

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    I liked Jurassic Park 3, up untill the drival ending.

I'm all for a Jurassic Park 4, but they REALLY need someting original.

I read that Steven has a great idea for Jurassic Park 4.

But I guess time will only tell.

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I liked JP3, but the ending wasn't great. It was too quick, but then agaibn, so was the ending of the first one. I prefer JP3 to JP2 actually, and I thought 90 minutes was a perfect running time for it.

I'm there for JP4.

/Mike

6. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

I preferred JP3 to JP2.. I thought the ending was contrived, but the rest of the movie seemed better delivered then JP2, which I thought was horrible.

7. Aaron Schmitt

Aaron Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

I had always hoped the/a sequel would pick up where the first book left off, with an implication that some Velociraptors (or other dinos) had made it to mainland Costa Rica. Now that would make for an interesting sequel.

Aaron

8. Terrell

Terrell Producer

The main problem with this franchise is there's not a lot else you can do with it. There's nothing new you can do with these characters. It will just be more dinosaurs chasing people, and eating people.

The number of sequels doesn't matter. It's whether you can take the story in a different direction. LOTR, Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Star Trek can all do this. Although, in my opinion you can make too many sequels. The difference with Star Wars is that these new films didn't come out until 16 years after Jedi. And they tell a new story. So, I'll probably see a new JP movie knowing full well it's just gonna be more of the same.

9. MickeS

MickeS Producer

The thing is, in the first 2 (IIRC), the dinosaurs were still secrets; nobody outside InGen and the people working on the projects knew about it.

In the third, everyone knew there were dinosaurs and the habitat was protected by the UN (?).

IMO, the only way they can go with it in a third sequel, is to bring the dinos to civilization, be it the US or somewhere else. I know it was done in JP2 at the end (and I liked that sequence), but that was just a glimpse of it.

I don't know how this would be done or what story they could do, but I hope they come up with something...

/Mike

10. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

What ever happened with the whole Dodgson/Nedry subplot of JP1? Perhaps that would make an interesting sequel (or prequel)?

11. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

I have to agree that JP3 was OK but the ending was weird and the movie was short.

JP2 was stupid with the whole rampage thing but was a good summer flick.

What would people like to see happen in JP4, what new ideas?

12. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I loved JP3 up until the end. It was lacking one last battle or attack. Bring back the T-rex to attack the Spinosaur or something.

Otherwise great monster flick. I would really like to see more dino on dino action. (that sounds dirty) The T-rex vs. Spino attack sequence was great and now a favorite demo for me. I like seeing the dinos interact with each other just as much as I like seeing them chase down some humans.

I really like the idea of going to the mainland and it sounds like that might be the plotline of the 4th.

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

JP3 wasn't written as a book and then made into a movie, which is why it lacked the intelligence, depth, and realism of the first two films. Though it was a good action movie (until the ending).

Either way, I hope that JP4 does something amazing that we won't expect. They can't go back to the first two islands (cheesy idea, already been done) and they can't go to another (cheesy idea, already been done) so what can they do?

14. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

If I were to propose a sequel, the best case is to start going on this line (somewhat Godzilla esque, but hey) The Dinos aren't real dinos, as was pointed out in JP3, but manipulated ones, combined with modern animals to make them come out (they mentioned toads in JP1) and that their would be differences..
    OK, so we knew, by the end of the first, that due to that some females had arrisen, so their could be babies.. waht's to say evolution didn't differ even more then that... what prevents them from swimming off the damn island, or breeding with other animals to form new kinds of dinos.. why couldn't some of the brontos start becoming Nessies [​IMG]
    Or hell, go for the comedy and have some of them start breething fire (Dragons!) or, since we've already trumped up how damn smart the velociraptors are, why don't we at least have a sequence of them reading a book... [​IMG]
    For a real scare, start posting up webpages promoting it offering 50% of the gross profit of the movie to the first crazed scientist who can actually clone a dinosaur or a mammoth.
    (90% of this post is tongue in cheek, as I believe the next movie has nothing to offer but more pictures of pretty dinos..)

15. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Here's the full report from E! Online :

16. DennisP

DennisP Stunt Coordinator

For what's its worth, I like the the first Jurassic Park the best...lots of "Gee Whiz" factor in that movie...nice ending too. The second movie was a "Give me a break" type. For me, they tried to cram too much stuff in the movie and the story really suffered for it. JP3 was a fun "Popcorn" flick than entertained me and was timed about right at 90 minutes. A possibility for JP4 may be the introduction of some prehistoric sea creatures....Imagine a "Jaws like" shark the size of a sperm whale. Could definitely keep the life guards busy this Summer [​IMG]

17. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

I thought that JPIII lacked the grandeur of the first two films, but it was pretty entertaining and the f/x were great. I don't like the "JPIII was a dream" idea; it's ok if the film ignores the third film, but it shouldn't make a point of explicitly saying it never happened. That would be dumb.

18. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Since JP3 dealt with Dr. Grant, they could easily make JP4 deal with Goldblum's character and pretend like JP3 never happened.

19. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Supporting Actor

Dennis
    For the LOVE OF GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! [​IMG]

20. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Yeah, but Jeff Goldblum's character is so damn uninteresting! Part of what I liked about JP3 was having Sam Neill back.