What's new

JUNK (1 Viewer)

corona13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael
bought a LG recordable DVD player at BB 37 days ago. thing has always been junk...VERY slow.

anyways, the thing crashed on me...starting splitting the image on the screen, called tech support and I need to send it to LG to get fixed...great...how long without my DVD player I wonder?

I'm all done with BB. I just bought a 50" plasma at CC becasue I am so tired of BB.

they told me their return policy is 30 days...looks like I'm 7 days too late.

any good store would take the thing back.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Sorry to hear about your LG breaking down,they are suppose to be one of the biggest selling brands in Europe. I had a Sampo( Chinese) dvd player a number of years back I got at Fry's and it cratered about 9 months after I got it.Probably only watched 5 or 6 movies on it. I don't know if CC would be any different about giving you a break on returning something after 30 days, they always try and get us to buy into their extended warranty deal too,which I usually pass on. Usually you're stuck with having to ship the broken unit back to the manufacturer. Depending on the manufacturer,they may fix your unit or send you back somebody else's unit that's been refurbished . Let us know how this turns out.

corona13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael
I should take back my earlier comment as the person working at BB the night I went in let me exchange the unit.

The person on the phone said no way.

funny, depending on who you talk to there are two different policies.

they were out of the LG, so I exchanged for a philips....we'll see.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Philips is a well established brand, they were one of the original companies who developed dvd technology.Sounds like this story has a happy ending:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks