Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Title: Jungle Cruise (2020)

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Jaume Collet-Serra

Release: 2020-07-23

Plot: Disney’s live-action adaptation of its iconic theme park ride.

Just announced via the "Hollywood Report" on a local radio station, Star 98.7fm. Searching IMDB and other sites came up empty for further information.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Like Pirates it will need to be loosely based on the ride.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well the ride itself is loosely based on the African Queen, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of movie they end up creating. I can't imagine it being anything like, or anywhere near as good as the African Queen, though.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Ahh...I haven't seen Mansion (and have no intention of ever seeing it) so I had not thought about it.

So I guess this has a 50/50 shot at not sucking.

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
What's next The Hall of Presidents or the Tiki Bird Room? I guess Disney has ran out of good ideas that they have turn to their attractions to get inspired. After Pirates of the Caribbean being hit, I guess they think this is where the money is at.

perrin

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm holding out for the musical: "It's a Small World". Imagine, two hours of that song. You know, now that I've brought it up, you'll be singing it all day...:)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Other suggested Disney "Theme Park Experience" Movies:

Spoiled Brat Screaming for Plush Toy: The Movie

Angry Parent Beating Screaming Child in Public: The Movie

The Horse Who Pooped While Pulling the Carriage Down Main Street: The Movie

2-Yr. Old Child Terrified by 10-ft. Goofy: The Movie

Who Moved My @#$%ing Stroller?: The Movie

Damn, that Actress Dressed Up Like the Little Mermaid is HOT!: the Movie

Obscenely Over-Weight Family Wearing Nothing but their Bathing Suits Decides to Cut through the Lobby on their way to the Hotel Pool: The Movie

Park Employee Dressed as Aunt Polly Ladels out Lemonade from a Barrel All Day on Tom Sawyer's Island - At End of Day, Employee Finds Dead Rat at the Bottom of the Barrel: The Movie

Hey, Let's Try to Walk on the Monorail Track: The Movie

At EPCOT, Man Eats Oyster Platter at Coral Reef Resteraunt, then Ignores "Spinning" and "Motion Sickness" Warnings and Rides Mission: SPACE...and You Are Locked in the Seat Next to Him: The Movie

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
If I may Marvin, I have a better title for your movie:

Death Race Autopia starring David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone as they race through Disneyland, trying to rack up points by running over park employees dressed as Disney characters.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Larry's "Death Race Autopia" comment reminds me of something I did in my younger days on the Internet.

I worked on an "Animaniacs!" fan fiction, and in one scene, I had Yakko riding a motorcycle and running over a guy in a Goofy costume.

It didn't make the final cut, though.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Aaah, yes, those were the days.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Ernest - Great movie ideas, but the film I definitely want to see is: I would be embarrassed while watching it, and hope no-one sees me walking out of the theatre, but I would definitely see it.

She was definitely hot. (Sigh)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks