What's new

June HT tour in Austin. (1 Viewer)

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Scott,
Glad you made it down to my house. Was good finally meeting you(DAMN, That is ONE BIG BOY!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
). I haven't done much for tuning my system so it still isn't up to par soundwise(two channel), someday. If your suffering from storage space at your home I am more than happy to keep an eye on that preamp and cables for ya!!:D
John

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Scott,
Glad you made it down to my house. Was good finally meeting you(DAMN, That is ONE BIG BOY!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
). I haven't done much for tuning my system so it still isn't up to par soundwise(two channel), someday. If your suffering from storage space at your home I am more than happy to keep an eye on that preamp and cables for ya!!:D
John

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
So is this where we are at so far on the head count? Darn, I lost everyones cool little heads!!

Current Head Count

Scott Oliver
Nils Luehrmann
Hank Frankenberg

Jennifer & Jonathan Atkins

Dana & John Prator
Melinda & Frederick Falk
& Jacob Aaron and "fiance" & "friend"

Chuck Wood

Still Waiting on Heads From...

Pelan & Chad Anson
Colin Dunn
Dave Elliot
Lisa & Chris Gomez
Ken Humphrey
Mark J ?
Greg Risley
"wife" & Rene Zam
(and others?)

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
So is this where we are at so far on the head count? Darn, I lost everyones cool little heads!!

Current Head Count

Scott Oliver
Nils Luehrmann
Hank Frankenberg

Jennifer & Jonathan Atkins

Dana & John Prator
Melinda & Frederick Falk
& Jacob Aaron and "fiance" & "friend"

Chuck Wood

Still Waiting on Heads From...

Pelan & Chad Anson
Colin Dunn
Dave Elliot
Lisa & Chris Gomez
Ken Humphrey
Mark J ?
Greg Risley
"wife" & Rene Zam
(and others?)

ReneZam

Stunt Coordinator
Rene and Ellie(my wife) and possibly a friend he might drop by at one HT then he has to go to work are in thanks Scott for the email this clears up alot and also the 1st stop is up near A and B TV right?Wife also asked if there were any other ladies joining us on the tour..i guess its the whole travel in packs thing..like when the go to the bathroom thing

ReneZam

Stunt Coordinator
Rene and Ellie(my wife) and possibly a friend he might drop by at one HT then he has to go to work are in thanks Scott for the email this clears up alot and also the 1st stop is up near A and B TV right?Wife also asked if there were any other ladies joining us on the tour..i guess its the whole travel in packs thing..like when the go to the bathroom thing

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
Rene,
My Wife is going. I count five females in the list above, not counting the "still waiting on heads from" list. Bring your Wife, will be fun.
John

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
Rene,
My Wife is going. I count five females in the list above, not counting the "still waiting on heads from" list. Bring your Wife, will be fun.
John

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Ok directions are sent and the agenda is set, now I think we should brainstorm as to some things we can do at each stop.

Demo tracks for bass content

" " " picture quality

" " " surround continuity

Does someone need to bring an SPL meter, AVIA, or Video Ess?

I was thinking of bringing a few multi-ch SACD's, do any of the host's have this capability, or can someone drag around a player and cables that could give a host this capability as long as they have the 5.1 analog inputs?

What other ideas does anyone have?

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Ok directions are sent and the agenda is set, now I think we should brainstorm as to some things we can do at each stop.

Demo tracks for bass content

" " " picture quality

" " " surround continuity

Does someone need to bring an SPL meter, AVIA, or Video Ess?

I was thinking of bringing a few multi-ch SACD's, do any of the host's have this capability, or can someone drag around a player and cables that could give a host this capability as long as they have the 5.1 analog inputs?

What other ideas does anyone have?

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Do we really want to spend time calibrating each system? I'm happy to do so before hand, but I think it's incredibly boring to do with 15 people watching. :D

I do think it's a good idea to come up with some demo tracks ahead of time.

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Do we really want to spend time calibrating each system? I'm happy to do so before hand, but I think it's incredibly boring to do with 15 people watching. :D

I do think it's a good idea to come up with some demo tracks ahead of time.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Chad, considering the short amount of time spent at each HT stop, I think any calibration should be done ahead of time.

As a possible format, I'd suggest each tour stop begin with an introduction by the host letting us know some basics about their HT. Followed by 15-20 minutes worth of predetermined clips, after which the host could finish the hour or so with what ever material they would like to show. Then we could finish each HT stop with a Q&A session with the host and group.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Chad, considering the short amount of time spent at each HT stop, I think any calibration should be done ahead of time.

As a possible format, I'd suggest each tour stop begin with an introduction by the host letting us know some basics about their HT. Followed by 15-20 minutes worth of predetermined clips, after which the host could finish the hour or so with what ever material they would like to show. Then we could finish each HT stop with a Q&A session with the host and group.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks