What's new

June HT tour in Austin. (2 Viewers)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Greg: Call Railroad.

Jacob: Bizzare as it sounds, Doc Trouble (Jonathan) is right. Easiest way to place a sub: sit it in your listening position and then take measurements or "listen" at various spots where you could (with WAF approval, of course ;)) place the sub and pick the best.

You know, there's the grand premonition that hits you when you have a deep desire to ask a question, BUT you KNOW that you WILL definitely REGRET asking? RIGHT? Do I hear an AMEN?!
Okay, I KNOW better...I REALLY KNOW BETTER...but, but...what is the Camel Crotch reference??:confused:

There, I've done it and I KNOW down deep that I'll regret it.

Jacob Aaron

Stunt Coordinator
Johnathon- Yeah I typoed. Interestingly enough I used to edit film with an Avid machine! I meant Avia, Video Essentials, PC software, whatever one might have!

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
After all this rain and flooding.. re: the reservations at Railroad BB... I think its a good idea. I'd just verify they have mosquito netting to protect us from malaria and boats to ferry us back and forth to our cars. :)

Sign me water logged in South Austin.

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Pelan and I are game for the 3pm theater and then (obviously) our theater. After that, we've got to head to the afore-mentioned "couples shower" (:angry:).

That should free up a couple of slots for the last two stops.

Rich_Ave

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to put my name on the waiting list, if I can. I guess I deserve it for being late to the party. Thanks. -- Rich

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
I am not trying to invite my own self, but I need to make sure if I can fit in to June's HT meet, if not that is ok, but I just need to know (I know I was late)?

ALso if you guys are going to add mine to the list of HT to check out:D .

Is there an updated schedule for what all HT's were are gonna look at?

Thanks again:emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Sorry Rich and Mike, but we are full actually as Nils pointed out we are probably beyond full, but I was just so excited that we were getting a good amount of interest that I forgot to think about a max. attendance number for the tour.

What's going on here BTW? Did John's scolding actually bring everyone out of the woodworks? I was really getting used to conversing only with Nils, Hank, and Jonathan.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
A waiting list is a good idea though, as the tour is still another two weeks away and some folks may have to cancel.

Speaking of which, for those that do cancel, please let Scott or Colin know, or post it in this thread prior to June 26th so those waiting can make plans to attend.

Rich_Ave

Stunt Coordinator
Scott, I understand completely, I just wanted to let you know that I was interested, should the situation change. - Rich

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
Jacob,
Yep, I do have AVIA on Hot Standby!!:D

Jonathan,
I am familiar with your suggestion of proper sub placement, just haven't given that a try yet and I also kind of don't want it stuck in an "ugly" place if you know what I mean. I do need to give that a try though and see where some good spots are, maybe I'll get lucky. One thing is that the Buttkickers I have can easily make up for a sub, they rock!

Hank,
Well the "Camel Crotch" thing is a saying that I've used for years(Probably picked up onboard Submarines), it means I am REALLY hungry, ie; I am so hungry I could eat the crotch out of a dead camel.:emoji_thumbsup:

Scott,
When did I get "scolded"? Did I miss it? crap.......I miss all the fun.

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,
Oh, I thought someone had scolded me and I missed it. Well I hope my "scolding" helped get everyone back on the ball. I wish I could come to ya'lls meet this Saturday at Chads but Dana has a friend coming in from out of town so I'm out.:frowning: Ya'll have some fun and I will get to meet you guys sooner or later.

Hank,
Yep, I'm a "Bubble Head" to the core baby. Submarines rule. Were you in the Navy? Did you ride on a "target":D or a Sub? Speaking of Subs, when you meet my wife ask her about her experience on Subs. She is probably one of a few females who has ever driven a Nuke boat, she drove it to 600 feet at about 30 knots too!:emoji_thumbsup: She loves Submariners.
John

Frederick_Falk

Second Unit
John,

Our current pastor is a former submariner. He was a Lt. Commander on the USS Grayling and was stationed for a while in Italy.

What boat were you on?

Mark J

Grip
All,

Could someone please post the current list of "confirmed" people for the tour. I though I had sent E-mail to Scott, but since I haven't received a reply, perhaps he didn't get it.

--Mark

Gomez

Agent
Ok sorry been extremely busy and I haven't been able to post. I have been corresponding w/ Scott though. I believe our little HT will be the 1st stop. I do like the idea of breaking it up into smaller groups. I can tell you right now that 20 people will not fit in our HT room unless of course you have people standing in the kitchen and breakfast area, which I anticipate anyway. I have limited seating in the actual "theatre room" but everyone else can sit in the breakfast area which looks into the HT room. For everyone else it's standing room only and basically that means they will be standing around the breakfast area and kitchen area.

One thing I do ask is that you do take off your shoes and don't laugh at the ghetto blanket that will be covering the back doors window. I haven't found something to emit the light from that window on the back door. :D

I plan on having a spreadsheet/document that lists everything we have in the HT as well as what we have done so far. (not really all that much, just your basic HT room) We plan on adding a border to the screen as well as painting one of the walls in the HT room but that won't be done in time for the meet.

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Please confirm the list o' people and places. Other than bits and pieces I've never seen a complete run down of the places and people. Heck if the hosts have the capabilities or a URL to links of their HTs please post them as well so we can do some preliminary viewing of the "June 2004 Austin Parade Of Theaters" ;)

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
The list of people confirmed for the tour is on page 3 post #63 by Nils. Some are missing heads, but that is everyone that is expected to attend.

As for the agenda, I will write it up again in a more definative way sometime this week, but I don't have the time at this moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks