What's new

June HT tour in Austin. (1 Viewer)

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
Cool, the tour is getting close! I'm excited, hope I can get all this done. I am ordering my Benq 8700+ this morning. My screen should be here today or tomorrow. Things are beginning to move along quickly!:D

Scott,
When You and I were on the phone the other day you mentioned that you were selling some speaker cables, still got em? If so you can pm me or call me at work, I need a set about 10' long. Thanks.
John

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Hey, it's Wednesday. Where will we meet Saturday and at what time?
Tubes, has Gomez confirmed? If so, what area does he live in? I suggest picking a lunch place close to him since he will apparently be the first stop. Will you bring maps to lunch to pass out?
Also, is the Thursday night food and bad music :D thing still on?

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Hank, you do know the tour is on the 26th and not this Saturday, right?

Just sent Chris a follow-up email asking if he has gotten the green light yet.

Here is my suggestion for the tour agenda:

-not do lunch, but do supper together later

-start at say 3 - 3:30 PM with everyone meeting at Chris Gomez's house (directions to be supplied via email)

-head off to Chad's and plan to arrive somewhere around 4:30 - 5 PM

-go to Greg's next with us arriving at 6:30 PM

-finally John's at about 7:30 - 8 PM

-make arrangements for the group to order-in, cook, or whatever some food and drinks at John's for dinner

-with this schedule I think adding another stop would make the tour way to long, so I think we are best off leaving it to these four stops

Please give me some feedback or approval for this plan, and also if you have some dinner ideas of what we could do and how to go about planning it that would be great too.

------------------------------------------------------------
Hank, as for this Thursday, I sent you and Jonathan an email asking for what time you guys would like to meet up at Sampaio's, plus directions to the place. If anybody else is interested in meeting up tomorrow for music and drinks shoot me an email and let me know.

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
Chad,
Please do bring your Wife, I will bring Dana(she wouldn't miss it for the world!)so there will be females! YIPPEEE!! j/k.

Scott,
You plan sounds great to me. We can cook at my house, order out or whatever, I'm easy baby!!:D Though I don't know how well this baby will run along on your time line, if people are having fun it could run into overtime and some of us can get "Mighty hungry"!! Just a thought.

We got the carpet installed this past weekend, we also carried most of the equipment into the room and I got the audio portion of our HT fired up. The Buttkickers are kickin, even got the Mesa Baron glowing away Scott!:emoji_thumbsup: I ordered our projector yesterday morning, will be here tomorrow. Our screen arrived today!! Life is good.

Chad Anson

Second Unit
Just found out that we have an engagement that we have to attend for an hour or so in the early evening. Shouldn't affect our ability to host. However, will probably have to miss Greg's leg of the tour. We hope to be able to get to John's if you guys end up hanging out for a little while there.

Whomever invented "couples showers" (baby, wedding or otherwise) needs a good flogging. ;)

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
"Couples showers"??? I haven't ever heard of that one, man, you should just say "Hey, sorry I have a HT shower all ready planned"!:D You live down south don't you Chad? I am at Slaughter & Manchaca in the Hillcrest Neighborhood. I sure hope you can make it.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Sure I know the tour is the 26th.
Yep, John, looks like you ran 'em off. ;)
Sounds like you're making good progress on the HT! I look forward to seeing/hearing it.

Tubes, I'll see ya tonight at Sampaio's.

Chad: A "couples shower"?? Yucck. Since this tour is a prior engagement, just tell 'em you can't shower.;)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
I guess this means Hank thought yesterday was the 23rd? ;)

Scott,

Terrific work on ironing out all the logistics. I hope to be able to make it to and through the entire tour. I'll be happy to bring along some demo material if needed or desired.

John,

Is there anything any of us can do to help you get set-up and is there anything you would like us to bring? Extra folding chairs?, snacks, strippers, drinks, etc?

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator

Strippers would be really cool! Think I can talk Dana into it??:D Well I'm really not sure what to prepare for. How many people will there be? Maybe we should try and get a head count. Should I have food brought in like Pizza or something similar or should I have all kinds of snacks and some boiled shrimp, things like that? Booze? Prolly gonna need some help here.

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
No head count yet, once I get the schedule confirmed for all the stops, I will start emailing folks we haven't heard from in a while asking them to give me an RSVP in return for directions to the first stop.

With that in mind what do you guys think of my suggested times for each stop, in particular the first. Should we start this thing at 3 or 3:30. The only set time that really can't be moved is Greg's place at 6:30, because that will coincide with Greg getting back from his store.

As for food and drinks here are my thoughts.
For drinks, it will be BYOB or A, and then if John you could have some soda, water, etc. for others.
For food, I would love to try and have an accurate headcount and then have us place an order with some nearby take-out place and then everyone chips in some money to cover the cost of said order. For example, buy some Brisket, Ribs, coleslaw, and beans from a BBQ place nearby or something along those lines and then serve it family/ buffet style. Or just pizza could work. Or any other good place that does those type of large family style take-out orders down south.

My $0.02

John Prator

Stunt Coordinator
I think 3pm is a good start time, will allow a little more time in-case the inevitable happens! What ever type of food you guys want is fine with me, I'll eat the crotch out of a dead camel.:D I will defiantly get the sodas, ice, plates(paper?) etc lined up. We could start a head count here, I'll give it a try.

Head count for the HT tour of Austin:

John & Dana-2

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
I can add some to that head count about seven off of that list have emailed me that they are for sure coming or some from their committment to host or others via a post on this thread.

did everyone see this room from HE2004. All that beautiful wood in the rack, speaker stands, and turntable stands is a real eye-opener and makes me want to re-think the future look of my system. The turntable stand in particular makes me wish I had a Wilson Benesch circle as well so I could put my turntable on something like that in the future. Very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks