What's new

Jumping Guide (1 Viewer)

Stephen C

Grip
The last month or two, we've experienced with increasing frequency instances of the receiver suddenly jumping on its own to the guide -- and then jumping around a bit. Has this happened to anyone else?
Also, we're seeing more frequent problems with difficulty acquiring a good signal -- yet the signal test responds positively. Any ideas?

Jon_T

Agent
Also, we're seeing more frequent problems with difficulty acquiring a good signal -- yet the signal test responds positively. Any ideas?
There could be several problems causing this. Did a tree start to sprout leaves causing a partial block of the sat signal? Did something knock the dish slightly out of alignment? Could be the cable has gone bad. Or connections are not tight or sealed. Does it only happen on 1 receiver (if you have more then 1 receiver)?

Stephen C

Grip
I'm using Dish Network and the 6000 receiver.
Our neighbors aren't right on top of us, but I will try the suggestion to change the address. Also, I'll recheck the cables. There isn't anything blocking the dishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks