Jumpin' Jack Flash

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Francis Yee Loy, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Francis Yee Loy

Francis Yee Loy Auditioning

To Mr. Peter Staddon:

Is there any chance of getting Jumpin' Jack Flash on DVD in Region 1? Or in any region for that matter? It's one of my favourite movies, and I've had to do with horrible Pan & Scan VHS and Laserdisc copies.

The CBS/Fox LD is severely grainy and suffers from muffled audio that also seems "electronically separated" for stereo surround. My copy even has the Laservision "End of Side 1" "Side 2" logos in between the breaks!

I'd love for Fox to release this movie, even if it's just a bare-bones Anamorphic Widescreen version of this 80's classic. It would be great to have a proper digital edition of Penny Marshall's directorial debut. Better yet, could we get a special edition?

Considering the level of talents involved:
    Penny Marshall, Whoopi Goldberg (in her first comedic role), Carol Kane, Annie Potts, Roscoe Lee Browne, Sara Botsford, Jeroen Krabbé, Jonathan Pryce (from Miss Saigon), SNL vets Jon Lovitz and the late Phil Hartman, Jim Belushi, Tracey Ullman, Garry Marshall and Michael McKean (Spinal Tap, Laverne & Shirley)...

there must be enough stories, outtakes and deleted scenes that could be found? Or even a commentary track from Penny Marshall and some of the actors involved?

Anyways, I hope that we can see a release of this movie, as it's one of the last DIVX releases that hasn't been put out on DVD. Mr. Staddon, would you please consider it for Fox's upcoming schedule for 2003/2004? Anyone else on the HTF interested?

Thanks,

Francis

2. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

This is one of Whoopie's best films and Penny's first. I would purchase it for these two reasons only...the third being...I LOVE THIS FILM. Count me as a purchase.

3. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

4. MarcusUdeh

MarcusUdeh Supporting Actor

Jumpin’ Jack Flash *Special Edition*

*Newly mastered in HD anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1)
    *Remixed Dolby Digital 3.0 and 2.0
    *Closed Captioned

***Special Features***

*New forward by producer Joel Silver
    *Selected scene analysis by director Penny Marshall
    *New retrospective interview with Whoopi Goldberg
    *Editor’s notes
    *Poster art gallery
    *Trailer and TV Spot
    *Music Video

5. Aaron_H

Aaron_H Agent

Aaron
    I would love to see this on DVD! It's one of my favorite movies! Fox, please put this out on DVD.

6. Mark Basile

Mark Basile Stunt Coordinator

Agreed. This would be a great movie to have on DVD. A solid anamorphic transfer and an original theatrical soundtrack is good by me. Any extras would be gravy.