What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
As a tie-in to the theatrical release of Jumani: Welcome to the Jungle, Sony has restored the 1995 original, Jumanji, starring the late Robin Williams, with a new 4K transfer and Dolby Atmos sound.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
This is a movie I purchased a long time ago on laserdisc and maybe even dvd and it was most likely on of the titles my former wife kept. So I have no problem after all this time buying it again on 4K blu-ray and it will be a big upgrade to what I used to own anyway. Once again Todd thank you for the review as it is very nice to know if a movie got a good transfer or not. I will be adding this title to my purchase list which will be on the lean side this year due to upgrading my receiver and maybe my rear speakers as well.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I received this for Christmas and thought it looked outstanding.

I hadn't seen the film in a few years. And while I agree the cgi/animatronics are a little dated and clunky in movement, they still worked really well for me. Especially the lion. You can see every hair in its mane, and when he roars the pink inside of his mouth really pops.

The overall color scheme may be muted, but there are bursts of wonder throughout, from the yellow poison flowers to Van Pelt covered in pastel house paint.

This is just a fun movie that looks spectacular in UHD.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the review, Todd. I never upgraded my original DVD to BD, so I will eventually be upgrading this one to UHD. I expect the price to be under $15 at some point in 2018, though, so will be waiting for that to happen.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks for the review. Really looking forward to checking out my disc. Never owned it on home video, but after seeing the new one with the kid, I thought we would all enjoy watching the original.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It does indeed look and sound spectacular.

And better in every way than the remake.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I watched this last night and couldn't agree more. Great release, and despite the often dated-looking CGI the film holds up extremely well. Would love to see more catalog titles treated like this on 4K UHD. I'll buy 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks