Jumanji: The Next Level (2019)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Title: Jumanji 3

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Director: Jake Kasdan

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Nick Jonas, Danny DeVito, Awkwafina, Danny Glover, Rhys Darby, Lamorne Morris, Lucy DeVito, Bebe Neuwirth, Alex Wolff, Ser'Darius Blain, Madison Iseman, Morgan Turner, Dania Ramirez, Darin Ferraro, Sal Longobardo, Massi Furlan, Michael Beasley, Charles Green, Shiquita James, James William Ballard, Marque Hernandez, Kodai Yamaguchi

Release: 2019-12-11

Plot: Plot kept under wraps.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This is such an easy work around. The "characters" they play are the game characters. The people who get put into their bodies could/should be entirely different people this time. Allowing the same actors - but completely different characters.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I thought the second film looked awful and didn't see it.

However, I gotta admit, that trailer looks....maybe potentially actually not bad.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Looks like the Next Level could be goofy entertainment (check your brain at the door and just roll with it)!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I enjoyed it but agree with Patrick’s point above. Oof. :emoji_astonished:

Despite that it was fun I guess. Not as good as the first if that’s a barometer for anyone.

And Karen Gillan is still........:emoji_yum:

Last edited:

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I saw this yesterday, in 3D. I was entertained well enough, maybe a bit moreso than the 2017 film, which I was tepid about.

I chose 3D over IMAX or Dolby Cinema, but wish I hadn't. The 3D doesn't add much and it is poorly done. One of those where the 3D looks crisp if you are looking straight at it, but peripherally the effect blurs out.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Saw this one yesterday and was entertained. Kevin Hart did a great impersonation, the Rock not so much. The locksmith chick did a much better Danny DeVito.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just got back from seeing this, I enjoyed it a lot but not as much as the 1996 or 2017 editions. My favorite observation is that during a shot of camels walking in the desert the first 3 notes of the theme from Lawrence of Arabia played.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks