Julie Taymor "Titus" Soundstage

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Ch, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

I just rented Titus by Julie Taymor (among other things, creator of the Broadway Lion King), more than anything else, I was interested in her staging ad production. What surprises me was how good the sound staging was, there was one scene that an arrow "whiz" by, and I instinctive looked behind and check.
    Generally, I looked for and brought DVDs such as the DTS Jurassic Park, Abyss, Matrix, even Titanic, to "have fun" with the sound track, but a kicka** sound track on Titus was totally unexpected.
    Anybody else has experience with other great (unexpected) DVD tracks ?

2. John Miles

John Miles Stunt Coordinator

Be sure to check out the special features on this disc, too... it's one of the best DVD releases of all time, IMHO. Fox really went over the top on this one.

3. Coressel

Coressel Supporting Actor

I am also very impressed with the sound in Titus. I really dig this movie, and saw it in a little artsy fartsy cinema here in mono a couple of years ago. I was totally amazed when I bought the DVD and heard these great noises bouncing around the room!

4. SteveBjr

SteveBjr Stunt Coordinator

I've been debating picking this dvd up for a long time. I almost bought it yesterday but chose Legally Blonde instead. Maybe i'll snag it this week sometime.
    ------------------
    Steve,
    DVD Collection