What's new

Julie Andrews "Cinderella" Airs on PBS in Dec - DVD too! (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I can't wait to finally see this! I saw Julie Andrews in person in Toronto in "A Royal Christmas" with Christopher Plummer, and Charlotte Church, and I am a fan of "The Sound of Music", and just Julie in general. I will have to check out this special, and if I like it enough, I will definately pick up the DVD. Thanks for the info!

Andy

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Image just posted the following details on the upcoming Julie Andrews Cinderella release:

Year: 1957
Length: 76 minutes
MSRP: $ 24.99
Release Date: 12/7/2004
Studio: Image
Catalog Number: ROG2127DVD
UPC: 014381212723

Special Features: Exclusive, Newly Recorded DVD Introduction by Julie Andrews; Brand-New Documentary featuring All-New Interviews with Stars Julie Andrews, Edie Adams, Kaye Ballard and Jon Cypher; Never-Before-Seen Behind-the-Scenes Photo Galleries; Extensive Galleries of Rare Color Photos and Advertising Art; Rodgers and Hammerstein's Appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show Prior to the Airing of Cinderella; Collector's Booklet: "Impossible Things Are Happening Every Day: The Making of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella!"

Synopsis: In this enchanting musical delight from the legendary team of Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, beautiful young Cinderella (Julie Andrews) finds her life of drudgery at the hands of her stepmother and two wicked sisters changed forever in one evening, thanks to a fairy godmother and a handsome prince. Lost for years, this first television production of this enduring classic remains a rollicking, tune-filled delight for young and old alike!

One of the most beloved entertainers of all time, Academy Award©-winner Julie Andrews (Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music) appeared in theaters this year in the smash hits Shrek 2 and The Princess Diaries 2. The much-revered musical team of Rodgers & Hammerstein produced such family favorites as The King and I, The Sound of Music, Carousel, South Pacific, State Fair and more! One of home video's most highly requested titles, Cinderella has been officially unavailable since its initial airing on March 31, 1957! This single performance spectacular was viewed by over 115 million people, a television milestone!

Musical performances include beloved favorites "In My Own Little Corner," "Impossible" and "Do I Love You (Because You're Beautiful)!" In 1957, Broadway's reigning songwriters and Broadway's brightest new star joined forces to create a new musical version of Cinderella; it's one-night-only broadcast on CBS-TV was viewed by more than 115 million people - the largest audience in the history of the planet! - and an instant legend was born.

Julie Andrews, the toast of Broadway for her performance in My Fair Lady, played the title role, joined by a stellar cast of Broadway and television all-stars. Providing a new take on the timeless tale as well as a bounty of beautiful ballads, comedy numbers and waltzes, was the team of Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, already at the top of their game thanks to such musicals as Oklahoma, South Pacific and The King and I.

Though Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella has gone through several TV remakes and hundreds of stage productions, the original, magical version vanished after its initial broadcast, never to be seen again. Until now.

Product Features:
Audio Format: Mono
Screen Format: Full Frame
Color: B&W
Region Code: Region 1 & 4
Original Languages: English
Subtitles: None

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
The only version of this I've seen is the Whitney Houston/Brandy version (which I enjoyed quite a bit), so it would be very interesting to catch this. Especially since I love Julie Andrews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks