What's new

Juggernaut (1974) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
darkrock17 said:
Does this mean we could maybe see a blu-ray release of Goliath Awaits down the road?
Oh yes, the wackiest thing I've ever seen on TV (well, a few other things come close). you used to be able to see the whole thing on You Tube. A DVD would do.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I've Netflix'd this title but it's a very long waiter. My want list is so long that the blind buys take a backseat, but I may go ahead and get it, because I could be waiting the rest of the year to get the DVD from Netflix!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Spun this blu last night. Looked great. While black levels weren't too deep, it was remarkably clean and the color was excellent, as was the sound. Granted, it's one of those unremarkable-looking mid-70's films visually, but this one of the better transfers in KLSC line I've seen so far.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Just finished my favorite Richard Lester film. What is becoming clear here is that any transfer from MGM that begins with the pull-out from the lion's eye is of recent vintage and that is certainly the case here. The older logos contain transfers that are not recent. So, the transfer of Juggernaut is terrific and just what it should be. Perfect color and contrast and black levels are actually just what they've always been and should be - the film in the darker scenes was clearly pushed for low-light and you don't get black blacks from that ever.

I first saw Juggernaut at a sneak preview - I was convinced it would be a huge hit because the audience ate it up, so I've always been at a loss that it flopped.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
I have just watched this and it is indeed a great transfer.

re the MGM Eye Logo , it was on a 4K DCP of The Great Escape I saw but the Blu has the older MGM Logo on, maybe that is telling us something ?

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
DP 70 said:
I have just watched this and it is indeed a great transfer.

re the MGM Eye Logo , it was on a 4K DCP of The Great Escape I saw but the Blu has the older MGM Logo on, maybe that is telling us something ?
Interesting.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
haineshisway said:
I first saw Juggernaut at a sneak preview - I was convinced it would be a huge hit because the audience ate it up, so I've always been at a loss that it flopped.
I think a good portion of the blame is that it was sold as a disaster film instead of a thriller. I was tremendously disappointed at the time that it wasn't another The Poseidon Adventure, which is what the ads made it out to be. Had they billed it as a taut thriller, the reaction might have been better and it might have found it's ideal audience. Also, seeing the trailer again on the blu reminded me of just how awful it was. It almost makes the film look amateurish. It definitely didn't do the film any favors. It's sad. The film deserves better, although to my mind it just missed being as good as it could be. For whatever reason, some scenes come off as more rehearsal quality than final take quality to me, particularly ones with Sharif. But still a very enjoyable film.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The poster art doesn't really lie about the contents of the movie, but, it's not that kind of movie. I begged my mom to take me to see it and though our expectations were different we liked it anyway. Was it the first red wire/blue wire movie? (Which several other films used in modified form, like The Abyss.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks