What's new

Jude Law Packs on the Pounds to Play Beatles Manager (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
This is really weird. I was listening to my "Beatles Anthology 1" CDs the other day, which includes a short clip of Brian Epstein reading from his autobiography. At the time I had the thought that it was about time someone made a movie about Epstein, as there is quite a story there. Law's got the acting chops (although physically there's no resemblance at all), so hopefully he gets his project off the ground and makes a good film.
Law, who is too slim to play Epstein, told the newspaper that he would put on weight by spending time in Italy eating pasta and drinking Guinness.
Tough job!! ;)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Law's got the acting chops (although physically there's no resemblance at all)
Interesting thought to consider who would be a good physical match for Brian. A younger Tom Hanks? (Remember - I said PHYSICAL match - not someone who'd necessarily be appropriate for the part otherwise...)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi there, Tonya: Could you kindly provide a link to the release you pasted here? Then precede it with your own paraphrasing/summary of the story. We don't copy and paste copyrighted material on the boards. Thanks! JB

And Brian Epstein was a slender man. The release makes it sound as if he had been overweight.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
And Brian Epstein was a slender man. The release makes it sound as if he had been overweight.
Jack, with respect, at times in his life Brian E was quite tubby.

I think it's also worth noting that people we think of as slim in the 1960s and earlier look quite plump next to today's stars. The most striking example is Marilyn Monroe, who next to e.g. Madonna, looks obese. We tend to forget that neuroticism about looking 'fit' (for which generally read 'underweight' or 'gym monster') as opposed to 'slim' is a very recent thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks