What's new

Judd Apatow mentions "Freaks and Geeks" possibly coming to DVD in 2003 (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
From the F&G message board
Hey, gang,
I have a couple of book signings for "Kick Me" coming up soon. I'll be at the Borders books in La Grange, Illinois, this coming Sunday, the 17th of August. I believe it's at 2pm, but if you live by there, call them to make sure of the time.
I'll also be appearing at Borders books in Santa Monica, California, on Tuesday, the 19th, at 7:30pm.
If you're around and live in these areas, please come on by and say howdy. I'll do a reading and answer any questions you might have.
Hope to see you!
Paul

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
More news from Judd...
Everything still seems on target for a March release of the DVD. They will probably do preorders a few months before that. We are going to record commentaries in Sept. and Oct. with the cast, writers, directors. Lots of them. We found 27 tapes of backstage video that one of the writers shot, so that should be fun. We are not going to put it out in 5.1 sound because that is not how it was originally presented. We are going to put it out exactly as it was originally shown, with all the music and the original sound mix. Remixing all the shows so you can hear a dog bark on your back right speaker scares me. I would rather let it be true to its original form. And the original mixes are great,
Sounds good.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
And there we were, thinking the release was pretty much guaranteed, when Judd Apatow posts this on the website, following someone's comment about how we don't need people to sign the petition anymore...
KEEP SIGNING UP. Until we know how much the music costs we are not set for a March release. The level of interest will determine if we get released at all. As of now, all we have is a company that really wants to make it work. The petition is a big part of that.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Ah jeez! They get my hopes up just to kill them all over again.

Keep signing up!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Well, since Judd has indicated that they still need people to sign up to the mailing list, I'll keep up with my self-appointed role of updating this thread with information about how the mailing list is going.
31,094 singed up so far...

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Another update from Judd...
All is well. The music is clearing. Hopefully it will clear fast enough for a March release. We have a meeting Friday to go over the details of what we want to do. I am also looking into putting out a book of some type. Hopefully we'll have some kind of news for you next week.
I'll also note that the mailing list is up to 31,898. But as noted previously, it is important the people continue to sign up.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I'll just mention a couple of posts that Judd has posted on the F&G messageboard. Not DVD related, but pretty cool...
Posted on 17 October 2003
The company that wants to put out CD's from the show has asked you, the fans, to post the five songs that MUST be on any CD from the show. Avoid The Who, Freebird, we can't afford them.
So, if anyone here has an opinion about which songs they want on the CDs, feel free to reply to Judd's message.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
An update from Judd:
We are taping tomorrow. We will record commentaries for six or seven episodes. Over the next four weeks we will record commentaries four more times. They are spread out because different people can only do it on certain days, so we catch everyone when we can get them. Here are some of the commentaries we are doing tomorrow.
Kim Kelly Is My Friend with Mike White and myself.
Chokin and Tokin with Miguel Arteta, Martin Starr and Sarah Hagen.
Noshing and Moshing with Jake Kasdan and Mike Andrews, our composer.
We've Got Spirit with some special internet fans of the show.
Tests and Breasts with Mr. Fredericks, Mr. Rosso and Mr. Kowchevski talking about how the show has life lessons for kids.
Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers with Seth Rogen, Busy Philips, Tom Wilson, Martin Starr, Claudia Christian, Sarah Hagan.
Next weeks we are recording with Paul, all the geeks, Jason Segel and Linda Cardellini. James Franco is recording in December. I am happy to say that every actor from the cast will do a commentary on an episode or more, as well as many of the writers directors and guest stars. Lea Shepard is flying in next week. We have tons of funny ideas, so keep reading the board for details.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Commentary from Thomas F Wilson? I can't wait to hear it.
It's great that every cast member will be on at least one commentary track.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Commentary from Thomas F Wilson? I can't wait to hear it.
Yeah, that should be good. The most obvious episode would be Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers.
I think I heard somewhere (don't quote me) that Thomas Wilson, far from being the Biff-style bully from BTTF, was actually more of the bullied. Interestng.
Anyway, 34,000 signed up so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks