What's new

Judd Apatow mentions "Freaks and Geeks" possibly coming to DVD in 2003 (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I spread the petition link around the internet for about an hour last night, and today it's gone from about 120 people to about 220 people in less than 24 hours. It's entirely likely that other people did the same thing, but the simple fact of the matter is that people don't know about the petition, but they're definitely willing to sign it.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
To be clear, this isn't so much a "petition" as it is a mailing list for people interested in buying the DVD. While the number of people signing up for this list should be a decent indicator for potential sales, I think it's important to show a distinct difference between this official mailing list and some petition started by a fan.

I urge everyone to sign up for this list. Freaks and Geeks was one of the best shows on TV in recent history, and should be on DVD!

-Vince

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Steve, I know that it is way too early for April 1st, but when this thread opened up I emailed just like you said. It took a couple of weeks before I got a reply, but no one else here has said that they got a reply too, so I'm wondering what is going on.

Oh, btw, here is what I got back

"Currently no release date has been issued.

Thanks,
Universal Studios Customer Service"

Glenn

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Glenn, I e-mailed Universal as well and have yet to get a reply. They're not very good at relpying to e-mails. The two times that I did get of a reply (out of the numerous e-mails I've sent them) it took them two months to get back to me and they game me the same "not at this time" crap.

Luke, I didn't mean to be rude. What I meant is that I know there are tons of petions on the net (I know because I've signed quite a few) but since this is the official one, us fans have really got to rally behind it despite the fact we've already done so elsewhere.

Jason and Bill, way to spread the word. I encourage those that post on other message boards and the like to spread the word as well. Freaks and Geeks must be on DVD!

Rob Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
I just signed up for the mailing list. I was 401.

I didn't see much of the show on tv. But i liked what I did see and would be keen to get the dvd set.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Luke, I didn't mean to be rude. What I meant is that I know there are tons of petions on the net (I know because I've signed quite a few) but since this is the official one, us fans have really got to rally behind it despite the fact we've already done so elsewhere.
No problem, I didn't take it that way.

It seems like ABC Family rarely holds to its Midnight Saturday weekly showings (or should that be "butcherings"?) of "F & G"...really wish this would come to DVD.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I agree we need more people on this mailing list-- but I can say it's nice to see the numbers jump with leaps and bounds!! Looks like 1500 people signed up today...

I have sent the link to dozens of friends, who have forwarded the info (and I've gotten copies sent back to me in fact!)--- I encourage everyone here to send the link to anyone you think who might dig the show!

-Vince

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Wow, I'm glad it's getting so many sigs. I was 219, and I thought there was no hope :)
I'll put the link in my sig.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
From less than 200 to 2225 in a little under 45 hrs is pretty damn good. We WILL have Freaks and Geeks on DVD this year!

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I e-mailed Hercules from Aint It Cool News and he put it on the site. I think that was likely the cause of the explosion of people signing up for the list. I knew it was a good place to get the word out because they were such strong supporters of the show when it was on the air. If anyone can think of any other sites that would experience similar success, I strongly suggest you send them an e-mail.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone emailed Bill at Digitalbits and Peter at dvdfile? I would imagine those two sites might get some attention (along with the obvious link from TVonDVD).

I wonder if /. would have any interest in this- it did have copious nerdom factor?

I have submitted the info to all three- hopefully they will cover it! I would recommend anyone else that is a slashdot reader to give a shot posting an article about it.

-vince

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I sent an e-mail to the bits and the file the night I found out about the list. Likely I wasn't the only one so there'll probably a notice of it this week.

Kelly V

Stunt Coordinator
I have resisted buying any of the high-priced TV
shows-by-season DVD sets so far. But if they were to give us Freaks & Geeks, I would fork it over with a big stoopid smile on my face.
Incidently, if any of the powers that be are reading, I actually stopped watching all shows on that network - the one that canceled F&G - for over three months. I got really hooked on Animal Planet during that hiatus! LOL
I want my Freaks & Geeks!!!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks