What's new

Judas Priest Live coming May 11th (1 Viewer)

PerryD

Supporting Actor
http://www.judaspriestonline.com/

Judas Priest has reigned supreme for 30 years as the most influential and commercially successful pure heavy metal band, and the masters are being honored with the career-spanning, four-CD, 65-track box set Metalogy scheduled for release on May 11, 2004, by Sony Music/Legacy Recordings. The worldwide reverence for Judas Priest has resulted in sales of 20 million albums and countless sold-out concerts.

Metalogy, the first-ever Judas Priest box set, was assembled with the full participation of the band and it covers music recorded worldwide for the Gull, Sony Music/Columbia, CMC International, SPV, Atlantic and JVC labels between 1974 and 2002. Remastered hits, fan favorites, live rarities, B-sides and a previously unreleased demo are included. And as a bonus, the initial pressing of Metalogy will include a live DVD of a complete concert filmed on December 12, 1982, at Mid South in Memphis, TN, on the Screaming for Vengeance tour. This show was released on home video as Judas Priest Live but it has been out of print for many years, and fans have often requested that it be reissued. This new DVD is mastered in pristine 5.1 Surround Sound for the ultimate Priest live concert experience.

Fans will be thrilled with the packaging of Metalogy. The 7"x7" box is appropriately wrapped in leather and metal studs. The 7"x7" full color book features a full discography, biographical essay, timeline and numerous previously unpublished photos.

Jerry Thomas

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like a well done DVD, but too bad JP is nothing more than a hack wannabe. No, I'll stick with some of the REAL heavy metal DVD's I already have.

Thanks for the info though. :)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Well I for one will be picking this up. I am a longtime Judas Priest fan and was lucky enough to catch them live in 1990 before Rob Halford left the band (and then returned again of course). That was one hell of a live show. It will be interesting to see a DVD of a show from 1982 which was the year I became a fan thanks to Screaming for Vengeance.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'd like the DVD, but I don't need the box set. Hopefully, it'll be released separately. Can't wait to hear what they come up with for the new album.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
I watched that VHS of the priest live og jess many years ago and it ROCKED! I am pre-ordering NOW!
Thanks for the heads up
Marc

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
I'm hoping that they do a much better job with the audio and video quality of this DVD than they did with the Electric Eye DVD.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

What are the "REAL" metal DVDs you own? I'm willing to bet that any of these "REAL" bands will agree with me.

I'm looking forward to this box set, but wish you could buy the DVD separately...

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

I caught 'em on the Painkiller tour that year, too. I was 17. Whoda' thought that would be the last tour with Halford until 2004?!?!?!?? Priest, Testament and Megadeth... great show.

Excited about Ozzfest this year, too, and seeing them. They're at least starting to move away from most of the lesser or more Hot Topic-ish Nu-Metal bands out there.

I'm looking forward to this, too, and hope the quality is better than the Electric Eye DVD. I realize the concert footage probably isn't in the best shape, but they could have done a lot more with that live footage and the videos than they did, even for as inexpensive a disc as it is.

Nick

Jerry Thomas

Stunt Coordinator
Not too sure what universe, but here on planet earth they're hacks! Sorry. :)

Whether other "real" bands would agree with you or not doesn't matter. The fact is I wouldn't, and I do not need to have my opinion backed by anyone in order to have one. :)

Take Care,

JT

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Priest fukin ruled from 76-84.

I was able to see them for Screaming and Defenders tours.

Its classic Priest so Im sort of interested. Have to wait and see.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
Saw them first in '86 on turbo when I was 16, then ram it down/ shove it up, operation Rock and Roll was the last. I then saw Fight 3-4 times then Halford once. The Metal is BACK!
Calling them hacks then not backing it up with what you feel is real just spells one thing: P U S S Y.
put up or shut up...

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston

Interesting comment considering that JP have been around since '74 and helped further define the heavy metal style along with the likes of Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and the Scorpions. I saw them in '81 and they rocked.

The heavy metal hacks didn't come out later till the later eighties with all their make-up.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Tipton and Downing are probally the finest 2 guitar attack in history(no matter how much I love Exodus)And besides Freddie Mercruy, a better band singer and frontman has never existed.

Along with Iomi,Tipton laid down alot of what can be considered the "blueprint" for metal guitar.

Im wondering what the real metal is? Not these guys parading around today playing PRS turned down to a D and stomping out the same old powerchords(that any real guitarist could play in their sleep)

I have stuff like Death,Overkill,SOD and Sepultura in my collection and you know what - Judas Priest inspired all of them.

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

I'll argue for Adrian Smith and Dave Murray to be up there with 'em or even Wilton & DeGarmo from early Queensryche (early stuff sounded Maiden-ish, anyway)... :)

Still I got your point. If someone calls Priest hacks, I'd at least like to know why and also what constitutes real Metal. I love Tool to death, but I read a long thread on another board about how much better their version of No Quarter was when compared to the original Zeppelin. I was appalled, to say the least. Hell, the song wouldn't have existed without Zeppelin!

Nick

Marc_E

Supporting Actor

Is that the best you can do chump? Pathetic.
You have just validated my assessment of you: Puss! go back and listen to your poison and winger and pretend that they are metal.
I put it to you again. Put up or shut up.
Marc

Mike_Skill

Stunt Coordinator

I'll catch hell for this but prior to being buried by pop-rock ballad hell, Night Ranger's Brad Gillis and Jeff Watson replaced Glenn & KK as my favorite guitar team. KK is the weakest link of the four.

Priest always had huge sonics/production, hopefully that will translate to the DVD.

Mike<R

Agent
I can not wait for the Priest Live dvd I have been a Priest fan since 78, unfortunately never had the chance to see them in concert but maybe this year

gotta love when some fool comes looking to spoil a thread just cause they are too immature to apPRIESTiate some good music, if you don't like the band don't post in this thread. I won't go to your limp biskquick thread and make fun of your taste in (snicker)music(snicker) so don't come in this thread and say things you can not back up:D
mike

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I'm still curious as to why JT uses the term "wannabe" when it comes to JP. I don't understand how a band who were at the forefront of a MAJOR musical movement that has lasted well into its third decade can be called "wannabes." I would call them "pioneers" or "trailblazers," even if I wasn't a fan. Who are the "superiors" that Priest "wannabe"?

With all due respect, of course you're entitled to have an opinion, but when you express that opinion in a FORUM, you should EXPECT to be challenged. What was the point of your post? You obviously don't like Priest since they're "hack wannabes," which is fine; then you say you'll stick to your "real" metal DVDs, but won't give any examples.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not trying to pick a fight. I've been an avid metal fan since '80, and I enjoy everything from Priest and Maiden to Queensryche and Iced Earth to In Flames and Dimmu Borgir. So, you see, my curiosity's piqued :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks