What's new

JS popup window problem (1 Viewer)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
For almost a year I have stumped the IT department at work as well as several programmers I know with this problem! I am using IE 5.5 on my two computers at work as well as my computer at home. When I click on a link that is supposed to open a small window using JS, nothing happens 99% of the time. I can give several examples where nothing happens:
www.edgeaudio.com - the five links listed under the heading "New at EdgeAudio"
http://www.onkyousa.com/support.cfm - selecting "Product Registration" from the menu on the left under "Support Options"
Just to eliminate the usual suspects, I have double checked Internet Options to ensure that "Scripting of Java Apps" is enabled. I also re-installed IE5.5. I have tried everything I can think of as well as every recommendation of my IT dept. at work. I tried to uninstall IE5.5 but when I chose IE5.5 from "Add/Remove Programs" there is no "Uninstall" option available.
Short of doing an "fdisk" and reinstalling everything from scratch, any recommendations?!?!

RicP

Screenwriter
Just to eliminate the usual suspects, I have double checked Internet Options to ensure that "Scripting of Java Apps" is enabled
Actually thats not the correct option for JavaScript.
On the Security Tab, choose the Custom... button and scroll down till you see "Active Scripting". Make sure that "Enabled" is selected.
Barring that, it just may be that you're missing something from the IE install. Have you installed IE 5.5 Service Pack 1?
------------------
http://www.ricperrott.com
Ric Perrott

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Ric,
Thanks for the reply, but all three selections under "Scripting" are enabled! I also recently downloaded and reinstalled IE 5.5 SP1. Any other suggestions?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dennis:
Have you checked with Sun to see what they have to say about this? It sounds to me like you don't have the javascript loaded onto your computer and you need to install the scripts.
Just an idea.
Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks