What's new

3D Journey to the Center of the Earth / Journey 2 (3D Blu-Ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

51iPLncSr0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There's three 3D double features out now, Journey, Harry Pottter, and Titans. I have no interest in Titans, and own one each of the other two. J2 is a pale imitation of J1, don't want it. Posts on the forum indicate the 3D is poor on the Potter I don't have. Over the years I've bought very few double features because there's always a movie on the disc I don't want and I have the other. Same deal here. The price for two 3D movies is good. No complaint about that. But a 3D movie I don't want, is still a movie I don't want.If you don't have J1, this is a good deal.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Not a bad price... if only I didn't already own both.

Journey 1 was pretty good - not much by way of plot, but a great visual experience. Journey 2 was disappointing by comparison - but it does have The Rock playing a ukelele and singing "What A Wonderful World" to Michael Caine, so there's that!

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I felt that the quality of 3D was better in J2 than J1, even if the actual content (ie, story) was a step down.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
AlexF said:
I felt that the quality of 3D was better in J2 than J1, even if the actual content (ie, story) was a step down.
For me, there was nothing in J2 that equalled the standout moments of J1 - like when they're hopping across the floating magnetic rocks. I should watch them back-to-back one night, I've seen each of them twice, but not anywhere near each other timewise.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Josh Steinberg said:
Not a bad price... if only I didn't already own both.

Journey 1 was pretty good - not much by way of plot, but a great visual experience. Journey 2 was disappointing by comparison - but it does have The Rock playing a ukelele and singing "What A Wonderful World" to Michael Caine, so there's that!
[TreasureOfSierraMadreBandidoVoice]Plot, we don't need no steenkin' plot![/TreasureOfSierraMadreBandidoVoice] :) J1 is just plain fun to watch and experience. I just have to feel that that when film makers sat down to discuss the movie, one of the things they decided to do, was to have fun with the 3D. You experience that in the first 60 seconds.

There's just not much fun in J2. The movie was not helped by replacing Brendan Fraser with The Rock. That's steep drop in talent. Sure, it had Michael Caine, but he's shown a willingness to make bad movies, as long as you pay him well. J2 reeks of "let's cash in on J1."

However, two 3D movies for this price is really good.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
AlexF said:
Depth and popout was spectacular in the first film, it's especially good if viewing on a projection based system rather than a TV, the second one did have some good moments but nowhere near as good as the first movie, the first one really used 3D well to tell it's story, i also felt the first one was more entertaining, i hope if they make a third film they use 3D as seen in the first movie.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They have just announced that a third film is being made called Journey 3: From The Earth To The Moon, i hope they shoot native 3D like the first two and it has aggressive depth and popout, it looks like The Rock AKA Dwayne Johnson will be returning.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
FoxyMulder said:
They have just announced that a third film is being made called Journey 3: From The Earth To The Moon, i hope they shoot native 3D like the first two and it has aggressive depth and popout, it looks like The Rock AKA Dwayne Johnson will be returning.
Hope the 3D is more on par with the first than the second -- liked the addition of The Rock, but thought that Journey 2 overall was the lesser movie. But I'm still totally there!

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Goes to show how two can have different reactions. I thought the Rock was very inferior to Brendan Frasier. I'm sorry he's going to be in the 3rd installment.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
My friend hates Brendan Fraser (not Frasier, btw), but I liked him in e.g. The Mummy films. I probably order this set since I haven't seen the films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks