Journey To The Center Of The Earth DVD

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Rob.melone, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Rob.melone

Rob.melone Stunt Coordinator

Journey To The Center Of The Earth is now available on DVD. The sound mix is DD 2.0 Surround. Is anyone aware of the possibility of a DD 5.1 Special Edition of this wonderfully adventurous movie of the 1950’s? Thank you.

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    The region 1 release of the Fox film Journey to the Center of the Earth IS in stereo for the English track. Only the French and Spanish are mono.
    EDIT - you changed your original post. Yes, as noted below, the DVD is in 4.0 and is an accurate replication of the original magnetic stereo sound. No need for a 5.1 remix.

3. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Actually, it's DD 4.0. Also I believe this question would be better answered in the SOFTWARE section.

4. GregK

GregK Screenwriter

Tino is correct in that the audio is presented in Dolby Digital discrete 4.0, which accurately duplicates the original 4-channel mag stereo audio from it's original theatrical release. But note the DVD case is mistakenly labeled as "Dolby Surround" instead of Dolby Digital 4.0.

5. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

I have never seen this film before and started watching it last night. I was taken aback when suddenly a male character started playing the piano and then started singing while another female character was all goggle-eyed. Is this a musical? [​IMG]

The first frame shows it is set sometime in the 1880’s thereby making it a period piece. But the costumes and set pieces tell otherwise.

Okay, those are just my initial thoughts. I sure hope the film gets better from here.

~Edwin

6. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

7. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Edwin: You just have to look at this film for what it is: a Hollywood adventure epic that reflects the time in which it was made. Most of us love it for the sentimental value and the memories. Taken on its own level, the movie is fun, saccharine, and sometimes evocative of a sense of wonder. A fantasy. Cringe-inducing moments when Pat Boone sings, but you smile anyway. That sort of thing. JB