What's new

Journey: Generations (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I was listening to our only classic rock station and heard a really good song (started listening from the middle) which didn't sound "classic" but recent. The DJ then said it was a new song off the upcoming Journey album Generations. I didn't know it was coming out this Tuesday, October 4!

Journey has come to Hawai'i numerous times and I've been to all of them (except the last one last year with Augeri on vocals).

I read that every band member sings at least one song and drummer Deen Castronovo sounds eerily like a young Steve Perry. Wow.

Can't wait for this one! I hope the rest of the album is as good as the song I heard. Post your thoughts here as you listen to the CD.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I have it but haven't listened to it much. Deen sounds more like Perry than Augeri does. There's more rockers on this one than the last as well, which is a good thing IMO. I'll have to give it another listen and let you know.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Is it more like the Journey of Escape and after? Or Departure and before? I kind of prefer them with Gregg Rolie.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
If I had to compare it, I'd say it sounds like a mix of Frontiers and Arrival. Still, it's really hard to describe. With everyone getting a shot at lead vocals, it sounds a lot different than any other Journey album. For example, the Ross Valory song sounds like a bluesy ZZ Top song. And while the song has a great groove, it sounds nothing like Journey. They definitely took a few chances with this album.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks