What's new

Journey dvd 5.1 or just stereo? (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Yes indeedy, $9.99 at Tower--just picked up a copy myself, otherwise I probably would have passed.:D

Rick--I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but if I were to guess based on the packaging? I'd say it probably isn't 5.1 since I don't see any writing on the package (as I'm holding it in my hands here at work) and disc that would indicate that the sound is in DD 5.1...

Mike_Skill

Stunt Coordinator
Not 5.1, but a glorious PCM 1506 stereo track. Steve Perry insisted they use the re-mastered audio from the CD catalog to lay over the top of the videos. Then they found quality tapes for the live footage. I read an interview with Steve.

Played the DVD today. Sounds great. Pro Logic 2 and or DTS NEO 6 mimic music 5.1 pretty closely to what any engineer would. I also love good PCM stuff in 5 channel stereo modes. Very cool.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Tony, I think that comparing the sound on this to the sound on anything else just gets needlessly into subjective opinions.

Point blank, the sound is fantastic. It is not 5.1 surround. It does not need to be or want to be.

It is perfection the way it is. I can't tell you how many times we've watched this DVD in the past few days. My son - age 5 - now knows the words to both "Any Way You Want It" and "Separate Ways". :D

I cannot recommend this enough...if you are the least bit interested in it, go buy it now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks