Joss posts about Firefly!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Amy Barnes, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Amy Barnes

Amy Barnes Extra

Thought I'd share Joss Whedon's wonderfully gushy 'thank you' posted on the Fox Firefly forum--click on the link below.
    Also, a lot of the actors and writers have been posting: Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Morena Baccarin, Mark Sheppard (Badger)--and all for real (those associated with the show get a little gavel next to their name on the forum). Check it out!
    http://forums.prospero.com/foxfirefl...es/?msg=2720.1

2. Amy Barnes

Amy Barnes Extra

Hmm, that link isn't working so well-sorry about that! Here's the whole bit:

"Hullo, friends and so-called "friends". (I know the difference: those of you that are plotting my death are in BIG trouble. It was funny once.) Tomorrow's the big night. I think we're in for some EXTRA-funny home videos. Or, you know, you could watch that other show.
    I'll tell you the truth. Rough month. We keep comparing ourselves and our situation to Out of Gas. At once point I told an executive that I thought my life had become that ep, and that I was no longer Mal, I was now the captain of the crappy ship that shot him. I will do ANYTHING to ANYONE to keep this bird in the air.

See, I'm in love. Which was unforseen and inconvenient. I've never felt this way about a show, or about a cast or a working experience. I love my other shows with gushy passion, but the coalescence of factors on this show just changed me. If you knew the people I get to work with...

Well, I guess you sort of do. So many people have commented on how the crew really seems to get along, to rely on each other on the show. Some things you can't fake. My cast are the strongest, nicest bunch I've ever known. I have dear dear friends in all my casts but this crew as a whole, to a man, without execption, is truly a band of brothers. And sisters. A band of siblings. Except they like each other. Is this coming through?

And forget the cast. The crew, the staff, the DP... you walk into this world and it's breathtaking, the support and hardwork and offputting odor (which turned out to be me, so that's okay). These people make me want to work harder.

And you guys. We had this site up every day before we ever aired an ep. Just saeeing the work and anticipation that went into building it inspired us from the first days of fighting for our lives. You don't even know. So thanks.

War Stories. I think it's an incredible ep, and you're gonna see sides of just about everyone you haven't seen. It's the kind of ep that makes me say "If we never make another, we've done all right".

And for the record, that's exactly what I plan to be saying in year seven.

Thanks, guys. Sorry for the unexpected and inexcusable sincerity. It won't happen again.

Sincerely (God! It happened again! I'm so lame!),

joss."

3. Michael St. Clair

Like J. Michael Straczynski, I prefer him when he keeps his mouth shut. [​IMG]

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

All hail!

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

He's a professional writer? I had to force myself to even finish that little message.

Well, good luck to him and his little show.

6. Barry Woodward

Barry Woodward Second Unit

7. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

Actually, everything a writer puts on paper/computer/ect. should be his best work. Why, I'm ashamed of Joss for his shoddy work on his tax returns. "Chariable donation..." Yeah, like that isn't trite and cliche. And then in the lest section adding in this mysterious "dependent" that's key to the whole year's filing. What a hack!

8. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

We Should All Bow Down To All That Is WHEDON!!!

9. MickeS

MickeS Producer

All I'm saying is that it was a very badly written message. Most posters (well, except for me [​IMG]) on this forum write better messages. I would have expected more from a professional writer.
    /Mike

10. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I agree with Daryl [​IMG]

11. Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky Supporting Actor

12. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Oh c'mon, I think it's a very cute, excited, honest message. Thanks for the heads up Amy Barnes.
    For link to work you gotta be a member of their network of boards.

13. Amy Barnes

Amy Barnes Extra

14. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

Please keep in mind that he's also undoubtedly an extremely busy person.

I don't really care for his shows but he seems to be an amiable guy and to truly love what he does. Why bash him? The grapes smell sour to me..

15. Wayne W

Wayne W Stunt Coordinator

Exactly Josh! I am a fan of his shows (only started watching them in the last few months) and I love Firefly. But, even if I didn't care for his shows I wouldn't feel the need to post whiney ass flames about him or his shows. Why even open a thread about a person/show you don't like or watch? Cheers to Joss and his passion for Firefly as well as his other projects. I don't see any of the people bitching producing one let alone three fantastic TV shows...