What's new

Josie and the Pussycats DVD HB collection (1 Viewer)

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
This is my 1st post.

I am a huge fun of Josie and the Pussycats and I was really excited to hear that the original series will be heading to DVD last year. I have been waiting for this for a while and I hope to see a Josie and the Pussycats Hanna Barbera Classic Collection DVD set in 2005. The show is a classic, a great addition to the Hanna Barbera library.

Here are some things I would like to see on the Josie and the Pussycats the complete series 1970 DVD set:

Interviews with the cast Janet Waldo, Barbara Pariot, Jackie Joseph and Casey Kasem
Interviews with singing voices Cheryl Ladd, Patrice Holloway, Cathy Dougher and music producer Dan Janssen.

Audio Commentary on key shows
The Making of Josie and the Pussycats show
Behind the music (the real pussycats and a look at the music)
Songs from the 1970 pussycat album “Play song feature”

Featurette: a look at the Josie in Outerspace spin-off, a look at Valerie, Melody and the love triangle between Alan, Josie and Alexandra.

Scooby Doo meets Josie and the Pussycats 1973 show “Haunted Showboat”
Cartoon Network 2000 Josie and the Pussycat commercial
Pussycat Art and Storyboard Showcase comparison on the theme Song/live actors
Pussycat singalong
On-Screen Pop-up Factoids
Commerical breaks lead outs "DON'T LEAVE BOYS AND GIRLS" and "HOLD IT, HOLD IT, HOLD IT"

This would be an awesome DVD and I would be the 1st in line to pick this up. I really hope Warner Brothers will release the DVD set this year and will take some of my suggestions into consideration. I also hope that if there is any legal issues with Archie Comics and Dan DeCarlo, that the issues will be resolved between WB, Archie comics as well as the DeCarlo Camp and that all parties are satisfied.

Warner Brothers please release Josie and the Pussycats the Complete series Hanna Barbera Collection in 2005. Please, Please, Please!!!

Maybe someone from WB could read this post?

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Welcome to HTF Shawn_C!

I too am anxious for Josie and the P-Cats to come out on DVD...

:emoji_thumbsup:

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Michal for the warm welcome. I can't wait for this set to be released. Do you know if WB has Josie as part of there release schedule for 2005?

Please let me know.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Probably no earlier than August given the announced sets for March and May. Josie, Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound have been announced with no release dates and Hong Kong Phooey is rumored to be coming. My hunch tells me Josie in August and Yogi and Huckleberry in December but that is a guess and they can change their release pattern but still probably no earlier than August. Your requests for the set seem perfect and likely. That New Scooby-Doo Movie better be in there and the one where they meet Jeannie should be in that series boxset although I doubt I will ever see that, the Scooby-Doo movies boxset will be a disappointment, no Josie, no Jeannie and Babu, no Jerry Reed, no Phyllis Diller, no Addams Family, no Sonny & Cher, no Sandy Duncan, and no Tim Conway. Pardon me if I forgot anybody.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
That's why I stopped buying boxed sets or best of's. I don't think Davy Jones is on that one either...

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
That would be excellent to see Josie and the Pussycats DVD set released in August. I hope there is no legal issues to release this.

I also hope for the DVD extras to have interviews with entire cast (if not everyone than the key voice talent Janet Waldo,
Barbara Pariot,Jackie Joseph, and Casey Kasem)
Also a look at the making of the music.

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
I missed the chat last night with WB. Any word on a Josie and the Pussycats the complete series DVD set?

Also any news on any other future Hanna-Barbera classic collection DVD sets?

Quick Draw McDraw
Atom Ant
Squiddley Diddly
Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy
Pebble and Bamm Bamm Show

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
They for some reason didn't send anyone from the animation department so none of these questions got answered.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks