Jonny Zero

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Duane R, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

Anyone else catch this? I watched it and it reminded me of a poor man's Equalizer. While the sidekick is an annoyance, the rest of the cast looks like it could turn out some decent work. If nothing else, it provides a welcome distraction on Friday nights.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This is one of Fox's funnier comedies that I've seen in a long time. I was laughing hard at each instance where someone would describe how Jonny killed somebody. Fun stuff. And then when Jonny goes into action mode, obviously, he isn't all that concerned about his parole getting revoked.

3. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

I Tivo'ed this and have seen the first ~10 minutes. It's not really shaping up to be what I took the previews for, but I'll withold judgement until I watch the whole thing.

Chris

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

The sidekick sort of stinks, but not as bad as the lead. Frankie G is just bad.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Was Frankie G reading cue cards while delivering his lines? [​IMG]

6. David Fisher

David Fisher Stunt Coordinator

Actually, I think there's a bulge on his back. Maybe they are piping his lines into an earpiece!

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    This show got some of the worst reviews I've ever seen in the entertainment mags. TV Guide gave it a zero out of 10; Entertainment Weekly a grade of "F".

8. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Well... with all of the bad reviews coming in about this show, does this mean that Fox won't cancel it? [​IMG]

The reason I ask (sarcastically) this is that Fox always seem to cancel the shows I like, expecially the ones on Friday nights, so they'll probably give this one a long run. I personally can't comment on the show though since I didn't see it.

9. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

it is amazing how shows like this get the green light at all. especially considering that shows with much better premises, actors and writing get cancelled and these shows actually have loyal followings. firefly, dark angel, miracles, veritas anyone???

anyone that saw that garbage of a promo commercial knew that this was going to be awful. i know that it is taboo at the htf to bash something without seeing it but i feel that this opinion goes without saying.

10. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

What's amazing is that John Wells and Mimi Leder were involved in this show.