What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can’t remember his name so I keep calling him Gogurt.

Yogurt with Baby Yogurt....maybe it's a good idea for Spaceballs 2: The  Search for more Money! : TheMandalorianTV

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I have not seen Rebels, and that's probably why I had the reaction that I did. I jumped straight from Clone Wars to The Mandalorian.

Okay, but by the time we get to the "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" arc in season 5 episode 18 of Clone Wars, Ahsoka is tired and absolutely not spunky.

As to the next Jedi that we'll see, after seeing the Loth-cat in this episode my money is on Ezra eventually making an appearance. If Thrawn is back then it stands to reason that Ezra is back, too. There aren't many Jedi left so the list is limited. We have Luke, Leia (sort of), Cal Kestis, Cere Junda (sort of), and Ezra.

Here's my wild guess on the overarching plot (total guess, no spoilers, not based on anything but my imagination):

We'll eventually have a Siege of Mandalore 2.0. Ahsoka will be captured by the Empire/First Order, and her blood will be used to further the Force-infusion that they are clearly pursuing ("testing" it on Moff Gideon). This is the basis for the tech that will be used to infuse the Snoke strandcast with the Force. Maybe Ahsoka is killed in the siege or in captivity. Grogu and Ezra eventually retreat into the World Between Worlds to act as its guardians (I would love to see a live-action Mortis).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have not seen Rebels, and that's probably why I had the reaction that I did. I jumped straight from Clone Wars to The Mandalorian.
Obviously, nearly everyone's time for TV is limited but Rebels is well worth that time. The show focuses on a small number of characters (unlike the huge scope of The Clone Wars) a few years before the OT so there's some really cool connections between the OT & Rogue One, callbacks to things from The Clone Wars and explorations of The Force.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can’t remember his name so I keep calling him Gogurt.
I read that as Yogurt to start. He will now be known, at least to me, as the baby Yogurt from now on. :D

Tanno's appearance was better than I expected. I thought I would be disappointed with her look, but they managed to do a good job with her. I still prefer the look of the animated character; however, she probably would have looked like the Mandalorian version as an older adult.

I did like that they kept her character pretty consistent with that from Clone Wars and Rebels in that everyone refers to her as a Jedi, but she herself never really acknowledges herself as such since she left the Order.

She didn't say it, but I got the impression that she didn't want to train S&G.not only because of her fear that training him could turn bad but, also, because she really doesn't consider herself to be a Jedi anymore.

Edit: Corrected typo.

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I did like that they kept her character pretty consistent with that from Clone Wars and Rebels in that everyone refers to her as a Jewish, but she herself never really acknowledges herself as such since she left the Order.

... she didn't want to train S&G ...

I imagine the reference was a typo.

And who is S&G?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I imagine the reference was a typo.

And who is S&G?

Yah. I'm posting using a phone. Bloody auto finish. I thought I caught them all. I'll have to edit that.

S&G is short for Short and Green: Baby Yoda. However, I 'm just not going to refer to him as "Baby Yoda" no matter what, hence S&G or possibly, now, Baby Yogurt. :)

See Clinton McClure post about not remembering his name and calling him Gogurt.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Though I totally love the name Grogu, it’s going to be hard to think of him as anything but “Baby Yoda”. I never liked how they were trying so hard to get us to refer to him as “The Child”. That was just lame. But Grogu has a nice ring to it for him, IMO. I approve!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Though I totally love the name Grogu, it’s going to be hard to think of him as anything but “Baby Yoda”. I never liked how they were trying so hard to get us to refer to him as “The Child”. That was just lame. But Grogu has a nice ring to it for him, IMO. I approve!
It's also one word, short, ends in a vowel and has two syllables all like the name Yoda so the name makes sense for another being of that species. Yes, humans have wildly varying names and they're all the same species but I'm talking about making sense in a fictional universe.

I say The Child since it's what the show and its creators (used to) call him. Also, because I'm a huge OCD dork. :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
In this episode there is this orchestral scream or shriek. It occurred mostly (maybe only) when there was a view of that bleak de-nuded forest. To my ear it is identical to the music that accompanies the spirit of Christmas Future in George C. Scott’s Christmas Carol. It is spot-on.

Tano’s head dress. Is it just that, a head dress or does her species have a head like that? I’ve never been quite sure. Are they all black? I remember one with that head dress in RotJ. I think she was sent to her doom by Jaba the Hut. She was also black. Coincidence or by design?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
What do you mean black?
Race, species?

If skin color she looks orangish to me.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Tano’s head dress. Is it just that, a head dress or does her species have a head like that? I’ve never been quite sure. Are they all black? I remember one with that head dress in RotJ. I think she was sent to her doom by Jaba the Hut. She was also black. Coincidence or by design?
Ahsoka is a Togruta and Oola (from Jabba's palace) is from the similar looking Twi'lek species. I'm guessing that it has a proper name in canon but the small thing (for lack of a better word) on Ahsoka's forehead is like a head dress or jewelry and the head tails are a natural part of her head.

There's a Jedi character of the same species in Attack Of The Clones and she also wears a similar piece on her forehead. I assume they put it on the actor to hide the makeup seams on her head but it carried on as the look of a Togruta when they created Ahsoka for The Clone Wars and then when they carried Ahsoka over to live action, it came in handy to hide the makeup seams again. :)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ahsoka is a Togruta and Oola (from Jabba's palace) is from the similar looking Twi'lek species. I'm guessing that it has a proper name in canon but the small thing (for lack of a better word) on Ahsoka's forehead is like a head dress or jewelry and the head tails are a natural part of her head.

There's a Jedi character of the same species in Attack Of The Clones and she also wears a similar piece on her forehead. I assume they put it on the actor to hide the makeup seams on her head but it carried on as the look of a Togruta when they created Ahsoka for The Clone Wars and then when they carried Ahsoka over to live action, it came in handy to hide the makeup seams again. :)
I didn’t know that Oola had a name. I just thought of her as “Poor Unfortunate Soul” to quote Disney. I am clearly just a piker compared to real Star Wars fans. :)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

The “head dress is covering her head tails or are they exposed and that color?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The “head dress is covering her head tails or are they exposed and that color?
Her head tails are exposed. In the picture below, the "head dress" or "jewelry" is just the brown thing running from her ear up to her forehead and to her other ear. Everything else is her head and its natural coloring.

The Mandalorian: Why Ahsoka Has Two White Lightsabers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks