Real Name
Sam Posten
Fan art from Reddit
1603987933837.png

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I remember last year pretty much every episode hit earlier than midnight Pacific time, thought it’s now 10:20pm and no Mando yet. I’m gonna watch some sitcoms until it hits, hopefully soon as I wake up at 4:30am for work.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I remember last year pretty much every episode hit earlier than midnight Pacific time, thought it’s now 10:20pm and no Mando yet. I’m gonna watch some sitcoms until it hits, hopefully soon as I wake up at 4:30am for work.
Well, I'm going to bed so I'll watch it later today.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I'm pretty adamantly a "keep dead characters fricking dead"-guy (though of Maul, Palpatine, and Fett's deaths, Fett's return is the most plausible by a country mile), but I think it's cool that Boba Fett's reappearance was without his armor. I was worried they were just going to have him kicking about, unchanged from his experience -- I don't need to see two badass Boba Fetts** having a throwdown.

However, the honorable, questing Mando in his armor meeting up with grizzled, nomad Boba Fett is a really interesting proposition. Boba Fett is essentially his armor (that's not a dig -- he's probably as fantastically executed a minor-henchman villain as you'll find in fiction), so it's really promising that their starting point seems to be, "what if we get him out of it?"

A nice bit of...subverted expectations.

(** Because even if he's become a different, and well-done, character, Mando was fundamentally conceived as a Boba Fett-Xerox, at least originally.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks