What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Ok, folks, don't shoot the messenger:

'The Mandalorian': Temuera Morrison Returns to 'Star Wars' Universe to Play Boba Fett (Exclusive)

I liked him as Aquaman's Dad.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Friends have had a hard time the past 4-6 weeks, so we made them a care package. By chance I learned about the The Child toy and found that the local BestBuy had one in stock! My wife made the "card" to go with the package. :)
IMG_3797.jpeg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If you ever need to feel good about who’s running Star Wars or should run it, watch episode 2 of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian and listen to Filoni deconstruct the original six films of the saga. I say with confidence that no one else (besides George Lucas) who has ever worked on Star Wars has ever got it as well as he does. Wow.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If you ever need to feel good about who’s running Star Wars or should run it, watch episode 2 of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian and listen to Filoni deconstruct the original six films of the saga. I say with confidence that no one else (besides George Lucas) who has ever worked on Star Wars has ever got it as well as he does. Wow.
I said it in The Clone Wars thread but what Filoni did with Ahsoka at the end of that series where
she refuses to kill any clones even to save herself is perfectly in line with Ahsoka, the Jedi teachings and George Lucas's messages of decency that he wants as part of Star Wars.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I don't care that they're using a prequel actor (especially since the OT actor is nearly double what Fett's age would be in The Mandalorian) but I hope he keeps his helmet on. I know he should look like Morrison/the clones underneath the mask but I'd prefer that they keep Boba Fett helmeted just to keep some of the character's mystique from the OT.
Boba should absolutely keep his helmet on and Jeremy Bullock should provide Fett’s voice. Boba comes off as a much more sinister bounty hunter that way. But neither one of them is going to happen since Temuera Morrison has been cast. I thought the Jango Fett / Boba / clone story line from the PT was pretty weak sauce but it’s canon so whadda ya gonna do? *shrug*

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
He was found after escaping the Sarlaac and nursed back to health by Dengar and Manaroo. I’m not sure if that story is considered canon anymore but I like to think it is.
Like I said. Stupid. Revisionist fan service imo.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Slashfilm reporting on the character Timothy Olyphant may be playing on The Mandalorian coming up...and it's not Boba Fett, contrary to the title of the article:

Apparently Olyphant might be playing the character
Cobb Vanth, who obtained Fett's old Mandalorian armor on Tatooine about a year after the Battle of Endor during the events of Chuck Wendig's Aftermath novel-trilogy. This would still allow for Temuera Morrison to actually portray Boba himself on the show, if that's what's going to happen.

Given the nature of Vanth's character in the books, Olyphant was practically born to play him onscreen.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Folks, episode 8 of the Disney Gallery show (which is behind the scenes of the Mandalorian) is not to be missed. It's called "Connections" and it's all about things from the movies and animated shows that made their way into The Mandalorian. Favreau and Filoni are giddy at some of the things they've done, and it's infectious.

I absolutely cannot wait to see what they do next.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Folks, episode 8 of the Disney Gallery show (which is behind the scenes of the Mandalorian) is not to be missed. It's called "Connections" and it's all about things from the movies and animated shows that made their way into The Mandalorian. Favreau and Filoni are giddy at some of the things they've done, and it's infectious.

I absolutely cannot wait to see what they do next.
It was fun episode. I'm happy to have recognized all the references except I didn't know that the blurg originated in
Ewoks: The Battle For Endor (I thought they were created for The Clone Wars) and since it was revealed in the episode, I obviously didn't know that Mark Hamill was the voice of the bartender droid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks