What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I said to my wife the other night, "At some point there is going to be more Star Wars and Star Trek programming being produced than we can feasibly watch. What do you want to do?"

She said she'd leave it to me to pick the best of it for us to watch together. Oh goodie.

That means we would have CBS All Access, Disney Streaming, Netflix and Prime. Where does it end? This thing is all just getting started...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I said to my wife the other night, "At some point there is going to be more Star Wars and Star Trek programming being produced than we can feasibly watch. What do you want to do?"

She said she'd leave it to me to pick the best of it for us to watch together. Oh goodie.

That means we would have CBS All Access, Disney Streaming, Netflix and Prime. Where does it end? This thing is all just getting started...

Agreed. There are currently too many Marvel/DC shows that any one person could watch. Nearly 200 hours per year. It only gets more crowded from here.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The Mandalorian will debut with the Disney+ service on Nov.12. The service will cost $6.99/month or $69.99/year. The service will be ad-free. Also confirmed that in 2021, Alan Tudyk will be joining Diego Luna in the Cassian Andor series as K2-SO. Kathleen Kennedy said there are "several more" live-action series coming to the service too. (More info is likely this weekend.)

Also, all 30 seasons of The Simpsons will be streaming on Disney+.

Supposedly, all content will be downloadable, so people can watch offline. https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1116468572987912193

Last edited:

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
A trailer was released at the end of the panel today. It was an exclusive so not sure when it will show up online. I'm more excited for this than episode IX.

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_110039.jpg
    IMG_20190414_110039.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes, I disliked it when they didn't show it on the live stream for us. Lame! Any footage leaked? Impossible that no one recorded it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Impossible that no one recorded it.

Have you ever been to one of those events? They generally hire armed security guards and equip them with infrared nightvision glasses, and they stand around the auditorium making sure that no one is filming, and that if anyone tries, they usually confiscate the device entirely. I would say it's more likely than not that there would not be any audience shot footage given those conditions. I know I'm not gonna try to make a stealth recording under those conditions.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I remember one time, one exclusive video was recorded in a celebration. I don't remember what it was however.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
MOD EDIT: I'm putting spoilers around this. attention @SamT

[/sppoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I had an interesting thought.

Disney said that The Mandalorian will be available on Disney+ at launch.

Does that mean all episodes will be available at launch at once? This would be the Netflix model.

Or, they could go with the weekly model and put the pilot on at launch and have the remainder of the season release one at a time. Hulu, which of course is now majority-owned by Disney, usually goes with this model.

It will be interesting to see which approach they take at Disney+.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I heard from Collider that they will be released all at once.

I had another thought. This is coming out around the same time as Episode 9. Didn't they learn their lesson? Shouldn't they release this the next year, when there is no Star Wars? They should spread out.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We do not get these streaming services. Is there any word of where the program will be available outside the USA?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I had an interesting thought.

Disney said that The Mandalorian will be available on Disney+ at launch.

Does that mean all episodes will be available at launch at once? This would be the Netflix model.

Or, they could go with the weekly model and put the pilot on at launch and have the remainder of the season release one at a time. Hulu, which of course is now majority-owned by Disney, usually goes with this model.

It will be interesting to see which approach they take at Disney+.
I would think that it would be smartest for Disney to release one episode a week because it keeps people subscribing longer if they only want to see one show. Put them up all at once, someone can see all of them in one month and only spend $7. Spread it over two months and they just doubled their money.

Personally, I hope it's one episode a week because the discussion is much better that way. Look at the HTF thread on that new Star Trek series and compare it to a Stranger Things or Marvel series thread. When episodes all go up at once, you mostly get "I'm 4 episodes in and it's really good" posts or if they're more detailed, people don't read them because they're not up to the same point. When episodes go up once a week, you get actually discussion, theories and engagement with the show on a weekly basis.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Having rewatched the clips, man, Werner Herzog in this is going to be a proud contender for the, "Great Voices Pontificating About Random Galaxy Far, Far Away Nonsense"-category that every SW project needs. Weathers, Esposito, and Nolte are all also likely going to be contenders in that category, but Herzog is going above and beyond. I hope they throw him insane absurdities every episode that he can snarl about, similar to his soliloquy in that one Rick and Morty episode.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
We do not get these streaming services. Is there any word of where the program will be available outside the USA?

Disney+ global rollout:
Disney+ will first be available in the U.S. on November 12, 2019 for $6.99 a month (or $69.99 a year) on TVs, PlayStation 4 consoles, Roku devices and mobile devices. Disney said it will stagger the global rollout, launching to the rest of North America in the first quarter of 2020, Asia Pacific in the first quarter of 2022, and Western Europe in first quarter and second quarter of 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks