What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
:D How on earth an official promotional material from Lucasfilm that is targeted towards fans is considered spoiler? Teasers, Trailers and official promotional clips are not spoilers. :)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

The Collider people couldn't stop doing full dump jokes. It would be better if it's week to week release.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
:D How on earth an official promotional material from Lucasfilm that is targeted towards fans is considered spoiler? Teasers, Trailers and official promotional clips are not spoilers. :)

Obviously they are not. Low quality phone captures from giant theaters at fan events are. Once Disney actually releases trailers to the public we'll welcome them here.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
MOD EDIT: I'm putting spoilers around this. attention @SamT

[/sppoiler]

Take the chip, throw it in a pot. Baby, you gotta stew goin'.

Some fanservice reservations aside (the eyeball-droid, a Gonk-droid, the roasting Salacious Crumb, etc.), with Weathers and then Herzog and Esposito, I'm on board, just torn on whether he should take the helmet off or not, à la Dredd.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
69110796_2614921578559427_6688535506155732992_n.jpg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
As my son pointed out, the thing slung over his shoulder and on his back is the same weapon Boba Fett had in his first appearance in the animated segment of the Star Wars Holiday Special.

boba-fett1jpg.jpeg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Given that this is for TV and will not have theatrical exhibition, I'm surprised they are using the scope ratio. I guess I expected it would be 1.78:1 in order to fill the screen on most TVs. (Note I'm not asking for it to be pan and scanned at all; I just expected that since they knew it would be viewed in-home that they would have defaulted to a 1.78 ratio.) It's an interesting choice not to do that.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Given that this is for TV and will not have theatrical exhibition, I'm surprised they are using the scope ratio. I guess I expected it would be 1.78:1 in order to fill the screen on most TVs. (Note I'm not asking for it to be pan and scanned at all; I just expected that since they knew it would be viewed in-home that they would have defaulted to a 1.78 ratio.) It's an interesting choice not to do that.
Though not unprecedented. The Clone Wars was produced in ‘Scope as well and presented OAR on Blu-rays but aired MAR on the Cartoon Network. I love that more and more TV shows are using wider aspect ratios. I mean directors and cinematographers are not limited to one aspect ratio for theatrical productions, so why should they be for TV productions?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was announced yesterday that Ming-Na Wen will be part of the cast of The Mandalorian. No word on whether she is in season 1 or 2 or both.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Back in the late nineties, when most people still had 4x3 televisions, filming shows in 16x9 and then presenting them letterboxed on the SD feeds was one way to indicate that something was "prestige" programming.

When Netflix got into original series, they adopted the 2:1 aspect ratio for a similar reason. Since then, most of these streaming originals have been 2:1 or wider.

Given that all of the Star Wars movies have been 2.39:1, it makes sense that the Star Wars series would be as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks