What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
IIRC Attack of the Clones right, Jango was the model for the clones and requested one clone child which wouldn't age at an accelerated rate. That clone is Boba, who we also see in that film. It stands to reason Boba would look like Jango. So...maybe that's it?

That is correct.

Boba disappeared into the sarlacc pit in ROTJ but we did not see him die onscreen. Therefore, he can appear in the Mandalorean.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
IIRC Attack of the Clones right, Jango was the model for the clones and requested one clone child which wouldn't age at an accelerated rate. That clone is Boba, who we also see in that film. It stands to reason Boba would look like Jango. So...maybe that's it?
My point or question is didn't Jango get decapitated in Attack of the Clones? If so doesn't the TV series takes place after Luke and the gang defeat the Emperor?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That is correct.

Boba disappeared into the sarlacc pit in ROTJ but we did not see him die onscreen. Therefore, he can appear in the Mandalorean.
When does this TV series take place? I thought it took place after the Empire was defeated and many years before the last three Star Wars movies. If he's playing Boba that's one thing, but he's playing Jango, who was decapitated.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
My point or question is didn't Jango get decapitated in Attack of the Clones? If so doesn't the TV series takes place after Luke and the gang defeat the Emperor?

He did but it doesn't matter. Morrison is playing Boba, apparently. The child we last see picking up Jango's helmet in the arena and don't see again until A New Hope in the deleted scene (then again in Empire and Jedi).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ok, folks, don't shoot the messenger:

'The Mandalorian': Temuera Morrison Returns to 'Star Wars' Universe to Play Boba Fett (Exclusive)

Okay, I got it, he's playing Bob Fett not Jango. I'm sorry about that with my senior moment.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't care that they're using a prequel actor (especially since the OT actor is nearly double what Fett's age would be in The Mandalorian) but I hope he keeps his helmet on. I know he should look like Morrison/the clones underneath the mask but I'd prefer that they keep Boba Fett helmeted just to keep some of the character's mystique from the OT.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Why would I shoot the messenger? That’s the correct casting for that role.

Because I assumed some folks would object to the news that the character will be used at all.

The timeline is correct. Fett survived the Sarlaac, according to Lucasfilm.

Two things about this: 1) While I suspect this will be a 1 or 2 episode appearance, I wonder if he will recur in the third season and become an antagonist for Mando; 2) Fett is another character, like Ahsoka, rumored for his own show (perhaps turning the idea that was to be the feature film into a series).

Question: I’ve read that season 2 has finished filming, but then I see casting announcements like this and the one for Ahsoka and I wonder if that’s true? Bob Iger did seem to indicate on Disney’s conference call that season 2 would arrive on time in October.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Because I assumed some folks would object to the news that the character will be used at all.
I don't particularly like it but I guess the Expanded Universe's years of post-ROTJ Boba Fett stories numbed me to him coming back in canon.

Question: I’ve read that season 2 has finished filming, but then I see casting announcements like this and the one for Ahsoka and I wonder if that’s true? Bob Iger did seem to indicate on Disney’s conference call that season 2 would arrive on time in October.
I assume that they've shot it all and everyone on set was able to keep quiet but as it gets further along in post production, the number of people who know is getting bigger and someone snitched.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Hopefully it will be fairly substantial -- of all the other existing characters that are (rumored) to be showing up in Season Two, her inclusion feels the most like a necessity, as she was last seen (in SW-continuity) ruling Mandalore and in possession of the Darksaber (an important ceremonial weapon in Mandalorian culture) just before the Original Trilogy.

Obviously Season One makes it clear something extremely dire happened on Mandalore that all but wiped out the Mandalorians and led to Moff Gideon having the Darksaber, so she's a very relevant piece of that puzzle.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Clone Captain Rex, from The Clone Wars and Rebels:

Rex and Ahsoka were very close for years (going back to prior to Order 66) -- Ahsoka is also getting portrayed by Rosario Dawson as an adult in the upcoming season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Clone Captain Rex, from The Clone Wars and Rebels:

Rex and Ahsoka were very close for years (going back to prior to Order 66) -- Ahsoka is also getting portrayed by Rosario Dawson as an adult in the upcoming season.
I'm holding to the absolutely awesome retcon that Rex was the old bearded guy on Han's strike team at the battle of Endor.

NikSant-ROTJ

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I watched The Mandalorian last week: very fun show! Best Star Wars I've seen in years. :)

Is there an "essential" playlist of tracks from the soundtrack? I though about buying the score. But it's 8 albums at $6 each, which is a bit much. I'm hoping there's a recommended list that might cost $15 to get the best tracks across the seasons.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Disney CEO Bob Chapek said today that season 2 is not expected to be delayed. It should still air in October.

Also, Katee Sackoff filmed her scenes in February, according to reports.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks