What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Super stoked for the finale tonight! I remember the first episode hitting well enough before midnight pacific time for me to actually finish the episode before midnight, but haven’t been watching them on the night of since. Anyone know if there’s any consistency with when the episodes come on?

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Long episode for the finale... and the end, the middle, the beginning!

Where to start? So many good bits, so many little easter eggs, and so much fun! :)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Tremendous finale. This show is as good as any of the feature films imo.

Sucks that we have to wait so long for season 2.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The speeder bikes are just cool. The episode captured a bit of what made them so awesome in Return of the Jedi.

The scout trooper banter had me in stitches! :rolling-smiley:
I always loved those little bits in the movies and the video games. A reminder that for most of these guys, it's just a job.

I could definitely tell this was directed by Taika Waititi.
There were certain bits that felt like one of his movies, but at the same time I was impressed by how much he embraced the role of TV director. It felt of a whole with the rest of the season.

Stuck the landing. But the spurs bounty hunter was never addressed?!?!?
Season 2:)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Excellent finale! Loved the stormtrooper banter as well. Sad that we have to wait so long for season 2, but this is the way.

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Doesn’t seem like that much of a wait to me, at least it’s not a Better Call Saul wait, that would put it at April 2021, lol!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
At this point, having it premiere next fall would keep it on track to arrive at or before the same time it started this year.

In the world of prestige and premium TV where you’re routinely asked to wait two years for new episodes, it was actually a faster return than I expected.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think Disney and The Mandalorian showed how much better it is to release episodes week to week rather than the (IMO awful) Netflix route of dumping everything at one time. If all 8 episodes had come out at one time, Baby Yoda would have been forgotten in 3 days. Week to week, he's one of the most memorable parts of pop culture this year.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think Disney and The Mandalorian showed how much better it is to release episodes week to week rather than the (IMO awful) Netflix route of dumping everything at one time. If all 8 episodes had come out at one time, Baby Yoda would have been forgotten in 3 days. Week to week, he's one of the most memorable parts of pop culture this year.
"Watchmen" on HBO, too. That one started as a curiosity and grew to be a minor cultural phenomenon.

I think both release formats are valid though. I couldn't imagine "Stranger Things", for instance, on a weekly release schedule. Some shows benefit from rapid consumption, other shows benefit from processing time between episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks