https://hasbropulse.com/collections/star-wars

F1254_SW_The_Child_Collectibles_Force_Frog_2000x.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So, I guess I could say I wasn't disappointed in this week's episode.

For some reason, it didn't resonate as well as other episodes. I am guessing because I really hated the characters involved.

For once, it was nice to see the action taking place in space rather than on the same kind of desolate planet.

In all, a decent week. I am just not raving about it.

On a different note previously discussed...

I do collect Funko Pop characters. They are offering a baby Yoda. However, I liked the one on Amazon much better and put in my preorder:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0825SNHP1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So, I guess I could say I wasn't disappointed in this week's episode.

For some reason, it didn't resonate as well as other episodes. I am guessing because I really hated the characters involved.

For once, it was nice to see the action taking place in space rather than on the same kind of desolate planet.

In all, a decent week. I am just not raving about it.

On a different note previously discussed...

I do collect Funko Pop characters. They are offering a baby Yoda. However, I liked the one on Amazon much better and put in my preorder:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0825SNHP1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I thought the episode was really good with a lot of suspense and action.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought it was a really fun episode. A few minutes in, I knew he'd be facing off against each of them, and it was as good as I'd hoped.

This show may be the most fun Star Wars has ever been.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Really loved this one, the best episode so far...felt more adult and dangerous than previous episodes. Of course, I've liked them all and agree with all the general love this series is getting. Best Star Wars-related anything in a long while, IMO.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
Loved it! The bulky security droids... I believe we see one of those unloaded from the sandcrawler at the Lars farm in the original movie. I remember in one of the books it was a bartender droid so I guess it's changed. Zero, the pilot droid, made me feel like a kid. I would totally buy him as a classic Kenner action figure!

Props to Dave Filoni for getting to be a classic X-Wing pilot. Living the dream!

By the way, Amazon is releasing the soundtrack via digital download to each episode as they air. I've been keeping up as we go.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thinking on it, New Republic X-wing pilots must be as smart as the average Stormtrooper,
because they follow a distress beacon and attack someone without asking why there is a space station there instead of the expected prisoner transport.

I have to reassess the quality of the episode downward.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They had zero clue that the gunship was aimed at them. They made an assumption without attempting to ask any questions. There were three of them. They could have easily destroyed the gunship as it cleared the hangar without attacking the station. It was a contrived ending to fit a theme of deserved retribution, without taking in to account that it made New Republic pilots look as dumb and murderous as Stormtroopers.

The ending is bad which knocks it down a notch to me. Everything else up to that point was good.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They had zero clue that the gunship was aimed at them. They made an assumption without attempting to ask any questions. There were three of them. They could have easily destroyed the gunship as it cleared the hangar without attacking the station. It was a contrived ending to fit a theme of deserved retribution, without taking in to account that it made New Republic pilots look as dumb and murderous as Stormtroopers.

The ending is bad which knocks it down a notch to me. Everything else up to that point was good.
Well, that's your opinion as I think the ending was just fine. I had more of a problem with the 20 minute time limit before the fighters show up.;) However, I can overlook that nitpick because I totally enjoyed the episode.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, that's your opinion as I think the ending was just fine. I had more of a problem with the 20 minute time limit before the fighters show up.;) However, I can overlook that nitpick because I totally enjoyed the episode.

Well, I have to allow them some artistic licence for story purposes.;)

However, it goes beyond simple artistic licence when you have characters whose first reaction should have been to ask, "why is there a space station here instead of the expected prisoner transport?", basically going, "tracking beacon?"...."yup"....."gunship launching"......"Tally Ho, let's kill hundreds of people who may not even know what is happening".

It was bad, because it was thoughtless in its execution. But, like you said, it is my opinion which pretty well goes without saying for anyone who posts here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks