What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Jon Favreau himself doesn't direct?
He's writing and executive producing. I don't know whether he's hands on enough to be called the "showrunner", given his commitments to the CG Lion King remake, but if not then he's like the Dick Wolf of this thing. His fingerprints will be all over it, even though he's not the person actually yelling "Action" on set.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Another pic from Lucas's visit:

42933315_488451568306848_4794563370854488484_n.jpg

I can't help but imagine all the directors working on these new Star Wars projects talking with Lucas about the whole toxic fandom and alt-right trolling garbage they now have to deal with, while Lucas just stands there and nods with a gentle smile on his face, while inside his head he pictures himself laughing while running naked through a flower field while "Freebird" plays constantly...that, or the sound of Boss Nass motorboating.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I can't help but imagine all the directors working on these new Star Wars projects talking with Lucas about the whole toxic fandom and alt-right trolling garbage they now have to deal with
I bet that's the last thing on their mind and there is no way they are going to discuss that with Lucas.

Imagine you have the chance of your life meeting George Lucas. Are you going to waste it on discussing bad and irrelevant things or are you going to talk about good and interesting things?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Aw...hell! I ain’t going to 'nother goddamn planet! Back in the day, I'd hop from junior college to junior college, playing ball 'till they caught on, and Jimmy, you know, Jimmy? He had this scheme selling draft cards and I'm coming down the 101 with a truckload of whiskey when I get a call from Hal Ashby...but hell! I ain't got no goddamn time for some planet with a whole 'nother goddamn ecosystem, like with Marty, Marty is a New York guy..."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Errrrr...looks like Nolte's playing an Ugnaught!

Per Slashfilm: "Nolte will only provide 'the voice and facial movements for the character via a new state-of-the-art animatronic mask'."

https://www.slashfilm.com/nick-nolte-mandalorian-character/

He's done it before!

Noah_NickNolte.jpeg

Also, Ludwig Göransson is scoring the show. I can dig it.

::checks Community paintball episodes....notes the combined Western-motif with a Star Wars scenario::

giphy.gif

Pop-pop.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Am I Correct in assuming that Solo was also the Lando Movie? Or is it possible we will see a separate Lando film?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
media

Very cool. Looks steampunk A.F.

I like that they didn't feel the need to "cool" him up with some massive redesign, but I wonder how a design meant to be seen for all of a few seconds in a single scene in one film is going to play as an ongoing character on a TV show. I guess they could take a page out of the IG-88 confrontation in the Shadows of the Empire video game, where he's very fast and stealthy.

They've shown they can do droids that are versatile, fast, and with great personalities in both Rogue One and Solo. But I think "slow, lumbering, mute, Terminator-esque death machine" would fit IG-88 better. Who wants to see that coming at you down an alley, taking hits and just shrugging them off?

I dig it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks