Real Name
Greg K.
75587546_10157603921722356_987447624556609536_n.jpg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Absolutely terrific third episode. I like that they are including Filoni's Mandalorian mythology from the Clone Wars.

It's nice to see Star Wars fans all appreciating something for a change. Kudos to Kennedy, Favreau and Filoni (and Chow!) for another great installment.

Quick, when does season 2 start filming?

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Wow! My whole family loved the third episode! Really good action, world building, culture building, and character development—and all in a c. 35 minute episode. I'm digging the length of these, which feel like serials of old brought into the 21st century. If John Favreau is hired to do the next Star Wars movie I'm fine with that.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The third episode was GREAT! I really like how this show is unfolding, but the short runtimes are killin' me. This is the third time I've found myself wanting more, more, more once the credits start rolling. Awesome stuff!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I’ve read(not necessarily here) complaints on episode length. I disagree, first show in a long while where I immediately rewatch episodes. Episode 3 was astonishing.

My 10 year old, who has memorized the Star Wars encyclopedia as well as watched all Clone Wars seems to be getting even more than I out of the series.

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Why is everyone so hung up on the episode length. Streaming shows aren't required to stick with the traditional 42 minutes per episode but they will range from 42 minutes to as long as 53 minutes in length. Pilot or premiere episodes tend to have a few extra minutes tacked on to the premiere but often settle down to around 42-50 minutes in length. I didn't have a problem with the episode length. Although, I did notice that the end credits seem to be longer than usual.

The only thing that matters to me is that The Mandalorian is a good series and doesn't include similar certain-type of content that infected The Last Jedi and Solo. Long as the writing and acting is good and doesn't bear the same story element trademarks as the rest of Disney's Star Wars films, then I'm happy as hell. Since Disney took over, Star Wars: Rebels, Rogue One and The Mandalorian are my favorites and a great carry-on for the legacy that George Lucas created.

Can't wait to see Obi-Wan and that Rogue One prequel series. The Mandalorian is probably the closest we'll get to having Boba Fett in these streaming shows.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I admit that I was thrown off initially by the shorter episode length of the second and third episodes, compared to the first episode. I loved the first one, so I felt cheated initially when the second episode was barely a half hour in length. Now that I have seen the second and third episodes, I am not so hung up on the length of the episodes. Each episode has told a rich and interesting story, and if I were not looking at a timer, I would have estimated the episodes were actually longer than they are due to the content packed into each episode. I agree with others who complain that they want to see more when the episode ends, but that is really the point of a good serial.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The other Mandalorians riding in like the Calvalry. I also think the "soft spot" for babies in a hardened killer is just :rolleyes:.

It's still a watchable show, but the accolades being poured out on it are overdone, IMO.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The other Mandalorians riding in like the Calvalry. I also think the "soft spot" for babies in a hardened killer is just :rolleyes:.

It's still a watchable show, but the accolades being poured out on it are overdone, IMO.
Oh well, they can’t please everyone.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
The third episode was GREAT! I really like how this show is unfolding, but the short runtimes are killin' me. This is the third time I've found myself wanting more, more, more once the credits start rolling. Awesome stuff!

That is the serial nature of it. And brilliant on their part. This is the killer product that brings in subscribers who weren't in it for regular Disney. Arguably it's the same crowd as the Marvel fans. At a half hour it is cheaper, and easier in terms of post production (effects). This is genius.

I can live with it. It also means the series can go farther before running out of ideas.

This is the closest to a modern day serial that there is (I think). Unless you take an Indiana Jones movie and break it into segments. I am too young to have grown up with black and white Buck Rogers, so this is great.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I think the runtimes are absolutely amazing. IMO, they have the amount of content of a typical hour long show but without ANY padding. Perfectly paced; not too fast, not too slow. What we get is a lean, mean, wonderfully no-nonsense 30-odd minutes of Star Wars western! And I’m so engrossed by it the entire time I don’t even notice that it’s so short when it’s done. After the first episode, and I went in not knowing how long it was, I was shocked when I finally saw what the runtime was. I thought, “How the hell did they so skillfully put all that I just saw in that amount of time?!?!”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks