What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Ronald Epstein said:
Some of the makeup looks cheap

The only thing that really stood out to me as bad was that triangle headed thing in the cage in chapter 1. It looked like a really cheap muppet. And the creature on the rotisserie wasnt much better.

But thats a minor quibble. At least it wasnt a semi prominent character like Nien Nnub in Jedi. Hes always driven me nuts.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I hope this series becomes available on Blu ray. It will be a first day purchase for me. I still am not completely comfortable with streaming “purchase”, or “purchasing” access to something. I will want discs for it next to the rest of my Star Wars collection.

I think they may. They still have the Disney Movie Club, which sells DVDs, blu-rays and 4k discs. They haven't slowed down with adding new titles to disc - Endgame, according to The-Numbers.com grossed an additional $65 million on blu-ray. Not much in the grand total of $2+ billion, but not insignificant either. Most movies would kill for an extra $65M.

Ronald Epstein said:
The only thing that really stood out to me as bad was that triangle headed thing in the cage in chapter 1. It looked like a really cheap muppet. And the creature on the rotisserie wasnt much better.

That's the creature that Salacious Crumb (from Return of the Jedi) is, and he looked like a Muppet in ROTJ, as did most of the creatures in Jabba's Palace, which is why ROTJ isn't a fitting ending to SW and ESB. BTW, I suppose it is possible that thing in the cage was Salacious Crumb, having survived the destruction of Jabba's sail barge.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There’s a twitter account that someone has been sitting on since 2016 @BabyYodaBaby

it’s been very active this week.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 3.34.28 PM.png

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Nope. It's Arvala-7, a planet which we haven't seen or heard about up to now.

Also, I knew Kuiil was familiar. Aside from being Nick Nolte's voice, he's an Ugnaught.

One of the things I'm having a problem with it not seeing the Maldalorian's face. We, as an audience, can infer and understand a whole lot more about someone using facial expressions or a non-vocal smirk or an eye roll than we can with just a voice. I know the lack of facial expressions means the voice work and body movements are so much more important...it's just something I noticed in Chapter 2.

I thought the Ugnaughts were a little bit different in the face, even more piggish. Weren't there Ugnaughts in Jabbas guard force? Or maybe its the height, where they were definitely taller in RoTJ, if I have the race correct.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I thought the Ugnaughts were a little bit different in the face, even more piggish. Weren't there Ugnaughts in Jabbas guard force? Or maybe its the height, where they were definitely taller in RoTJ, if I have the race correct.

The green guys from Jabba's palace are Gamorrean. Ugnaughts are the shorter "builder/scavenger" types from Cloud City in TESB. They toss 3PO's head around.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Ugnaught:

ugnaught_999d7ac4.jpeg

Gamorrean:

image_032ed6df.jpeg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The green guys from Jabba's palace are Gamorrean. Ugnaughts are the shorter "builder/scavenger" types from Cloud City in TESB. They toss 3PO's head around.
Not that you're wrong but a fun fact is that there is also an Ugnaught in the background of Jabba's sail barge. I assume it's in that movie simply because they still had the mask laying around at ILM and they shipped it off to London for Return Of The Jedi.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Not that you're wrong but a fun fact is that there is also an Ugnaught in the background of Jabba's sail barge. I assume it's in that movie simply because they still had the mask laying around at ILM and they shipped it off to London for Return Of The Jedi.

Even further down that rabbit hole, per Wookiepedia, his name is Yoxgit...AND he is supposedly the same Ugnaught from Cloud City.

Small galaxy. :rolling-smiley:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It struck me that the narrative structure for The Mandalorean is the same as a video game. Chapter 2 was a fetch quest with a mini-boss fight. Baby Yoda is an NPC you have to protect (although it follows without prompting and generally stays out of trouble).

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
It struck me that the narrative structure for The Mandalorean is the same as a video game. Chapter 2 was a fetch quest with a mini-boss fight. Baby Yoda is an NPC you have to protect (although it follows without prompting and generally stays out of trouble).

Also his armor upgrade in ep 1.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Thanks for the corrections.

On a whim, I put on Ep IV Sunday. So Monday was Ep V. I will go through all of them in some sequence. Time for a refresher.

What was also very interesting, on Saturday I put on a youtube of Mandalorian history. It was pretty comprehensive, starting from thousands of years back in ST history.

Mandalorian Documentary | 24,000 Years of Honor

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks