What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I loved the nod to the Super Star Wars NES game where you had to climb up a sand crawler!
I didn’t even think of that but, it was a great and fun scene.

I wish the episodes were longer though. Instead of 8 30-40 minute shows, I’d rather have 4 hour + long shows. I’m just enjoying them so much but they are over so quick.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Still not really feeling it with this series. It's okay, but to me it feels like a bloodless exercise in STAR WARS storytelling. I can't quite put my finger on what is missing that causes it to feel essentially lifeless. Maybe part of it is the musical cues. They have essentially eliminated any influences from the original STAR WARS themes in the BGM of this series and I pretty well find the music to be rather dull.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Still not really feeling it with this series. It's okay, but to me it feels like a bloodless exercise in STAR WARS storytelling. I can't quite put my finger on what is missing that causes it to feel essentially lifeless. Maybe part of it is the musical cues. They have essentially eliminated any influences from the original STAR WARS themes in the BGM of this series and I pretty well find the music to be rather dull.

I rewatched the first episode and I'm really enjoying the music. It fits with the western atmosphere, I don't think John Williams-esque score would fit in very well. It all still feels like the same universe, just makes it feel bigger and more diverse. Really loving this show.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Especially when you consider that the Obi-Wan series will have to be set there, at least in part. On the other hand, how many desert planets like that are there?

Regarding the previous comments about whether or not they were on Tatooine, it has been assumed since ANH that jawas were native to Tatooine. It doesn't really make sense to have them on this planet (Arvala-7), complete with sandcrawlers exactly like in ANH... but I guess that's a fairly minor quibble and there will be all sorts of fan-splanations about how jawas are really space-migratory.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So he wasn't on Tatooine? As soon as I saw the Sand Crawler and the Jawa's I automatically placed him as being on Tatooine. Even the environment and the "farm" said Tatooine.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It was interesting that none of us know the Jawa language, but I clearly heard familiar Jawa dialogue from Star Wars. They used some of the original sound drops, it seems.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It was interesting that none of us know the Jawa language, but I clearly heard familiar Jawa dialogue from Star Wars. They used some of the original sound drops, it seems.
Yeah. That “ OOO TEE DEE” phrase is synonymous with Jawas in SW.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So he wasn't on Tatooine? As soon as I saw the Sand Crawler and the Jawa's I automatically placed him as being on Tatooine. Even the environment and the "farm" said Tatooine.

Nope. It's Arvala-7, a planet which we haven't seen or heard about up to now.

Also, I knew Kuiil was familiar. Aside from being Nick Nolte's voice, he's an Ugnaught.

One of the things I'm having a problem with it not seeing the Maldalorian's face. We, as an audience, can infer and understand a whole lot more about someone using facial expressions or a non-vocal smirk or an eye roll than we can with just a voice. I know the lack of facial expressions means the voice work and body movements are so much more important...it's just something I noticed in Chapter 2.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I rewatched the first episode and I'm really enjoying the music. It fits with the western atmosphere, I don't think John Williams-esque score would fit in very well. It all still feels like the same universe, just makes it feel bigger and more diverse. Really loving this show.
i agree i thought the music fantastic, really fits this series

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I hope this series becomes available on Blu ray. It will be a first day purchase for me. I still am not completely comfortable with streaming “purchase”, or “purchasing” access to something. I will want discs for it next to the rest of my Star Wars collection.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I hope this series becomes available on Blu ray. It will be a first day purchase for me. I still am not completely comfortable with streaming “purchase”, or “purchasing” access to something. I will want discs for it next to the rest of my Star Wars collection.

I doubt it since they want to keep it for streaming plus Disney is getting over physical media. maybe they will sell it on streaming

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Not as far as movies are concerned. I just bought the live action Dumbo, and The Lion King in 3D from Britain. I am sure they will continue whatever is profitable for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks