What's new

Joining the SVS Club (1 Viewer)

RonM

Grip
Got lucky and spotted an Ultra/Samson 1000 amp and the ART in the B Stocks yesterday and I'll soon have my first sub!
I ordered the equalizer based on the deal and the recommendation from Tom/Ron....but not sure what it will do for me?

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
The eq will help flatten out the response, and may or may not be needed. You will need to get a test tone disc and a SPL meter. Your room will cause peaks and valleys at different frequency's, and the EQ can be used to flatten it all out. SVS subs are pretty flat to begin with, so if you play with sub placement, it is possible to avoid needing an EQ.
I am gonna be picking up the ART from SVS soon, as my new apartment has caused a nasty spike at 60hz.
Jeff Peake

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I just got two 25-31's w/samson amp on Thursday and all i can say is"WOW". Actually i can't say enough about these subs. I got them because of all the great reviews here on this forum and audioreview.com. These babies are so accurate, deep, and tight that it is downright scary. I LOVE them. I would recommend them without hesitation. MY frinds are all jealous, they were blown away by some of the things they heard. The T-Rex scene in Jurrasic Park was one of the best if not the best, surround sound experiences i have ever had. WELL WORTH the money.
MY System:
Panasonic wxf95 56" HD Ready TV
Marantz SR7200 6.1 Receiver(Awesome product in it's own right)
JVC XV-FA95GD 7 disc DVD Audio/video progressive scan player (really nice unit)
Sony A50 Dolby Digital Sat receiver(getting HD Sat receiver soon)
Klipsch KLF C7 Center Channel
Klipsch KLF 30's(mains)
Klipsch SS-1 Surrounds
Acoustic Research AR4-C Rear center
Dual SVS 25-31's Powered by the Samson s700(350wx2)

RonM

Grip
Jeff
I've picked up both Avia and Video Essentials but have not gotten all the way thru them....will they have the freq sweeps your referring to?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Ron,
VE is a little more *30 second calibration and away we go*...while AVIA get's more complex. IF you take the time to really read through the AVIA manual...and experiment a little with it...it allows a lot more interactions for the HT enthusiast. AVIA has a nice "reverse" freq sweep that should work fine for casual frequency response checks.
TV

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
I am about to join the club too!!! Ordered my 20-39 tonight, got the last B-stock!!! I will be in my apartment for about 8 more weeks and wont be able to really let it rip until the house is done. I learned my lesson when I got my 3802, set the speakers to large, and cranked the first scene in Gladiator at 11 pm(but it was cool while it lasted!!!)

RonM

Grip
Tom,
Didn't get a "manual" with my Avia so I asssume you just mean run thru the tests described in the video.
By "casual" freq response checks....I take it there are other options to consider down the road?

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
I just looked there.. and everything is listed as OUT of stock. Guess ya gotta be quick!
------------------
--RR

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>By "casual" freq response checks....I take it there are other options to consider down the road?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks