Johnny Suede on DVD ?! Anyone ever see it ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Sullmeyer, Feb 24, 2002.

1. John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer Second Unit

I had pulled out the old Laserdisc of Johnny Suede and watched it tonight. It's always been one of my guilty pleasures. After watching, I checked out the IMDB to see a listing of one of smaller actors, and I was surprised to see this little gem actually got released on DVD without my knowing about it.

My question is does anybody have this disc, and if so, do you have the specs on it ? I can't seem to find any info other than Amazon.com's listing.

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

There's a Johnny Suede dvd? That surprises me as well! You'd think this movie would be better known considering Brad Pitt is the star. Go figure. Guess it's a bit too quirky for the mainstream. Well, anyone have it?

3. John Sullmeyer

4. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I don't know about this. It's from "Front Row Video." I've never heard of them.

Wasn't this a Miramax release that went through Paramount in 1992-1993 (along with K2, The Double Life of Veronique, Delicatessen, Rampage, etc.)?

5. John Sullmeyer

Well, finally got the DVD. For one, it's a Canadian Import, and it's not by Front Row Video. It's distributed by Lions Gate Entertainment.

The sound is pretty good. The video is a bit on the red side. Some noticible artifacts.

Worst part, it's pan and scan.

The only thing owning this disc does for me is saves me time in having to push laserdisc on the switchbox, and having to flip sides of the movie.

For $9.99, as Deek would say... not bad Johnny... not bad.

But not great either.