What's new

Johnny Mnemonic (1 Viewer)

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
I have to admit that i liked JOHNNY MNEMONIC. I know this flick is much ridiculed but I think it has it's moments and someone else here has mentioned it so i can't be the only one.
There's meant to be a French R2 Superbit version of this on DVD (as well as the R1 Superbit version)As I'd rather get this for the PAL system, can anyone tell me if this version has removable subtitles?I'd hate to get it and find out that there's permanant French subs all through it.I'm expecting that the SUPERBIT version will be the best i could possibly get it in. Help?

Jerome

Second Unit
all Columbia films (like johnny Mnemonic) have removable subtitles on the french markert. As Columbia has the worldwide rights for their movies (with some exceptions like Hidden Dragon, crouching tiger) on every territory, they have the opportunity to do whatever they want with the DVD release.
So you can buy the R2 Jonny Mnemonic Superbit if you Want.
If you like the movie, I think (I'm not sure) there is a longer version of the film on the Japanese market.
Check the imdb website : Link Removed

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
According to 3 Japanese DVD websites, they all report a running time of 103min on their DVD

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I thought this was a Fox release in the UK rather than Columbia. My old VHS is from Fox.
No sign of anyone releasing the video though.

Also there are other Superbit titles were Columbia has only limited worldwide rights. One is Air Force One which is Buena Vista in the UK and Australia. Which explains why the superbit is not coded R4.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
You'd think with their multi-dip madness and Keanu Reeves' popularity, Sony would release the extended Japanese cut in Region 1.

Lots of other movies have been getting that treatment as of late. I'd buy it even though chances are it wouldn't be available in Superbit as has been tradition with the other extended cuts.

With Constantine just around the corner has anyone heard any murmurs that they'll try to cash in with this Keanu flick?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks