John Woo to host showings of The Killer & Hard Boiled

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith Plucker, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter

Keith Plucker
    An opportunity for John Woo fans in the Los Angeles area. American Cinematheque will be holding a John Woo tribute at the end of April (18th-21st).
    After showings of the Killer and Hard Boiled, there will be a discussion of the films with John Woo.
    Here is the info.
    -Keith

2. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

He did the same thing in Seattle a few years ago. The man is a class act all the way. After the screenings, he stood outside and signed everything people brought up to him. I got a couple autographs and photos with him.

3. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

I wish I lived in LA.

4. Chauncey_G

Chauncey_G Second Unit

Being a person with incredibly screwed-up priorities, I am a John Carpenter fan. My wife and I used his appearance at the American Cinematheque's Egyptian Theater as an excuse to go to L.A. We saw the city and spent Saturday and Sunday evenings in a John Carpenter marathon (you gotta love a woman that'll do things like this with you, huh?).

I'd love to see John Woo, but sadly this one isn't in the cards for me. To all those that can attend, I'd definately recommend it. The theater is great, the staff show a great love of film, and it's awesome seeing a movie with a theater full of fans!

5. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter

Keith Plucker
    Well if he is signing things anyone with the CC DVDs can make them even more valuable. [​IMG]
    I went to a screening of The Omega Man which featured a discussion afterwards with Charlton Heston. It was great fun and I recommend anyone try one of these with a favorite actor/director/whatever if they can.
    -Keith