What's new

John Williams Salutes The Silver Screen Concert (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I'd share my experience with the HTF flock....John Williams conducted the Cleveland Orchestra tonight at the Blossom Music Center. I had 14th row seats on the violin side (left). It was a real treat to see the man who has composed music for so many great movies (or sometimes composing music that makes the movie great). He played selections from Close Encounters which included the haunting introduction music. He also played the very end "adventures on earth" piece from E.T. which gave me a lump in my throat. He was proud to play four movements from Harry Potter. The concluding two pieces were the Love Theme from AOTC and the main title from Star Wars (lots of applause). He came out for an encore thrice! First, Raiders of the Lost Ark, the entire NBC Nightly News Theme

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a fun night! I've always wanted to see a live performance with John Williams conducting an orchestra. When he's in Tanglewood with the Boston Pops every year, I keep meaning to go. Unfortuneately, I have either something else going on or not enough spare cash for the tickets. Glad to see you had such a great time.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
You lucky devil! :)
Back when he led the Boston Pops, the only way I was able to regularly see him at work was on PBS.
My favourite John Williams-on-PBS program was a tribute to Mr. Williams. This offered a nice glimpse into what it would be like to sit in on a John Williams scoring session. There was a segment where a scene from "Jaws" was projected onto a large screen without music (only sound effects and dialogue). Then, the segment was re-played, only this time, John Williams put the music back in by conducting a live orchestra!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks