John Wick: Chapter 4 (2023) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Absolutely Spectacular

Im Running out of adjectives to describe the John Wick films and Chapter 4 may need some new ones invented.

Full disclosure I’ve loved all three previous films and completely bought into the Wickverse

This film ups the ante in all categories with the most inventive explosive mind boggling action I may have ever seen.

The choreography for the fight scenes deserve an Oscar. They are that good. The set pieces set all
over the world make some of the bond films look childish.

The story of the world of The Table and it’s rules and codes of conduct are expanded upon and reach almost mythic status in this film.

Keanu Reeves is amazing as usual and the stunts he performs are age defying. He is perfect here in a role that was made for him. It will be forever his signature role.

The supporting actors are also terrific as expected. Special nod to the late Lance Riddick.

Look, you either buy into this type of film and the world it has created it you don’t. If you do. Expect ti witness one of the best action films ever made.

One last word. Incendiary Shells!:eek:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
So Donnie Yen plays a blind guy in what will probably be his 2 biggest American films.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I'm watching this tonight. I can't wait as, like Tino, I'm a huge John Wick fan.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
****There is a post credit scene. So stay to the end. ***
I've stayed to the end of every credit sequence for every movie I've seen (in theatre or at home) since I started buying my own tickets :)

(Thanks for the heads up though--looking forward to the discussion!)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I really disliked him in that role. As I said I thought it was a generic characterization and it was annoying. Not knocking the actor, just the role
Well, we just disagree then as Rogue One is among my five favorite Star Wars film and I thought that role was fine.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I did see and enjoy this film. Donnie Yen is good both in this and Rogue One. And do stay for the post credit, most of my theater left by the time the scene played.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Just finished Wick 1&2, starting 3 tomorrow. Then and only then will I be ready for 4.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't want to say too much but that was a heckuva movie. Donnie Yen is great in it.

And big thumbs up for referencing The Warriors.
I know you had reservations about its length. Did that bother you? I for one thought it flowed brilliantly and wasn’t bored for a second.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

‘John Wick: Chapter 4’ Locks & Loads Estimated $8M On Thursday Night – Box Office​

EXCLUSIVE: The most critically acclaimed John Wick of all-time, Lionsgate’s John Wick: Chapter 4, is seeing the franchise’s best Thursday previews of all-time at around $8M per industry estimates tonight.

Previews began at 3PM today for the R-rated pic. Tracking had the Chad Stahelski-directed sequel heading for a $65M-$70M opening weekend, which would rep a franchise best stateside.

That estimated $8M preview number easily bests the $5.9M preview figure of John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum which turned into a previous franchise high opening day of $22.6M and 3-day of $56.8M back in May 2019.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I know you had reservations about its length. Did that bother you? I for one thought it flowed brilliantly and wasn’t bored for a second.
It was like two movies in one (there's the half with everything that happens pre-duel and the other half dealing with the duel stuff) so it worked well enough. I would have preferred a shorter movie but that 'split' made it feel like it wasn't dragging.

I did see a lot of people getting up to presumably go to the bathroom after each of the action sequences though. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks