John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Title: John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019)

Genre: Crime, Action

Director: Chad Stahelski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Halle Berry, Ian McShane, Laurence Fishburne, Anjelica Huston, Saïd Taghmaoui, Mark Dacascos, Lance Reddick, Jerome Flynn, Asia Kate Dillon, Jason Mantzoukas, Boban Marjanović, Robin Lord Taylor, Cecep Arif Rahman, Yayan Ruhian, Arjon Bashiri, Faith Logan, Susan Blommaert, Randall Duk Kim, Margaret Daly, Unity Phelan, Andrea Sooch, Sergio Delavicci, Tiler Peck, Tiger Hu Chen

Release: 2019-05-15

Plot: John Wick is on the run for two reasons… he’s being hunted for a global $14 million dollar open contract on his life, and for breaking a central rule: taking a life on Continental Hotel grounds. The victim was a member of the High Table who ordered the open contract. John should have already been executed, except the Continental’s manager, Winston, has given him a one-hour grace period before he’s “Excommunicado” – membership revoked, banned from all services and cut off from other members. John uses the service industry to stay alive as he fights and kills his way out of New York City.

First official synopsis of the upcoming threequel:

"John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is on the run for two reasons… he's being hunted for a global $14 million dollar open contract on his life, and for breaking a central rule: taking a life on Continental Hotel grounds. The victim was a member of the High Table who ordered the open contract. John should have already been executed, except the Continental's manager, Winston, has given him a one-hour grace period before he's 'Excommunicado' – membership revoked, banned from all services and cut off from other members. John uses the service industry to stay alive as he fights and kills his way out of New York City."

Chapter 2 took the Wick mythology international, and a recent report suggested Chapter 3 was eyeing Spain and Russia as other possible locations, but when we spoke with Stahelski last year, the filmmaker said he wanted to get back to the basics of the Wick mythology a bit, and root the action back in the innerworkings of New York:

"We want, not so much to go bigger on the third one, but to show you more of the intricacies of the world… I feel like there are all these different subtleties that I skipped over in Number Two, that I'd like to go back to on [chapter three] and show you the inner workings of different parts of New York. So rather than massive set pieces, I'd like to show you cooler and more intricate ones… I think it would be a mistake budget-wise and creatively to just go big and blow up a freeway. That's not our gig. That's a comic book or a Bond gig. We want to show you cool and intricate details. What are those little details in everyday life? Hopefully – we make people look at garbage collectors and cleaner vans and homeless people a little differently now."

http://www.collider.com/john-wick-3-synopsis-poster/#keanu-reeves

As a friend of mine just put so well on Facebook, it's basically The Warriors by way of John Wick.

And yah boi definitely fucks with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I dunno... The first John Wick was awesome but John Wick 2 seemed sadly formulaic and devoid of originality. I don't have much hope for a third chapter but would love to be proven wrong.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I liked 2, but I took a few steps back from the first. I haven't even bought a copy yet. I didn't like how it appeared the list of people in New York who aren't assassins is smaller than those that are. There were other things I didn't like, but there was still more good than bad.

Either way, I'm in for 3.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I thought Wick 2 was tremendously entertaining and ingeniously expanded on the “Wickverse” hinted at in the first film. It’s brilliant and as good if not better than the first.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I agree with Tino. I thought 1 was an excellent foundation for 2. Seeing the more detailed inner workings of the network of killers was pretty damn cool.

Only thing I didn't really like in 2 was Fishburne's role - I didn't get it really. And he's apparently back for 3.

But still - bring it on. Full Baba Yaga mode.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I agree with Tino. I thought 1 was an excellent foundation for 2. Seeing the more detailed inner workings of the network of killers was pretty damn cool.

Only thing I didn't really like in 2 was Fishburne's role - I didn't get it really. And he's apparently back for 3.

But still - bring it on. Full Baba Yaga mode.
What is you didn't get about that role?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I really love Keanu Reeves. Think he's grossly underrated. He has tremendous screen presence.

Loved the first 2.

John Wick is a BAD ASS. And yet he gets our empathy.

Give me more. I'm in.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
What is you didn't get about that role?

How's this for a late reply? -_-

I just felt his character was misplaced. A guy that controls a network of homeless (or pretending to be) assassins just didn't work for me. They collect change. That's what they do. How does his organization actually make money? What sustains them? That wasn't clear to me at all.

Maybe I missed some telling dialog. Not sure. Feel free to clarify this for me if you can, because when 3 comes along I'd like to understand his character better in hopes of him making more sense for me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How's this for a late reply? -_-

I just felt his character was misplaced. A guy that controls a network of homeless (or pretending to be) assassins just didn't work for me. They collect change. That's what they do. How does his organization actually make money? What sustains them? That wasn't clear to me at all.

Maybe I missed some telling dialog. Not sure. Feel free to clarify this for me if you can, because when 3 comes along I'd like to understand his character better in hopes of him making more sense for me.
I'm sure his organization has revenue streams that are not shown in this film. Frankly, I don't care about how his organization makes money or sustains itself. If such an omission or knowledge of bothers you then so be it.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I'm sure his organization has revenue streams that are not shown in this film. Frankly, I don't care about how his organization makes money or sustains itself. If such an omission or knowledge of bothers you then so be it.

Oh, ok. I thought you had a deeper understanding than I did, and were prepared to offer insight. Honestly didn't expect you to say that you didn't care.

He's apparently a man of power, and power usually means money. I was just curious about the explanation as to how he got his, as opposed to having to just make up something for myself that wasn't actually disclosed in the film.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
F59EE962-DCDC-4F53-B7A2-65F672E1B558.jpeg

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Hmm. Wonder if there are any action scenes in this movie? :P

Interesting trailer. I must admit, my enthusiasm went down a bit when I saw Halle Berry. Wick has always been a loner in his world, and that's one of the things that made him great. I'm hoping Berry's role is not that big in this.

Nothing against her as an actress generally, but I've never bought her as a powerful figure or someone to be feared.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Looks terrific. Can’t wait. Berry looks awesome. I have no problem with her teaming up with Wick.

The Wickiverse continues to evolve.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hmm. Wonder if there are any action scenes in this movie? :P

Interesting trailer. I must admit, my enthusiasm went down a bit when I saw Halle Berry. Wick has always been a loner in his world, and that's one of the things that made him great. I'm hoping Berry's role is not that big in this.

Nothing against her as an actress generally, but I've never bought her as a powerful figure or someone to be feared.
Which is why her casting is even more intriguing to me because it's against type and there is nothing better then seeing a "hot" woman playing an assassin.:) I'm really looking forward to this one.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks terrific. Can’t wait. Berry looks awesome. I have no problem with her teaming up with Wick.

The Wickiverse continues to evolve.
Same here. Obviously, based on the trailer, she and Wick have worked together beforehand, maybe, even former partners so there is some past history.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks