What's new

John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Opens this week! I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about this one. I just watched the first one again last night. I hope the sequel is even better.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It's getting great reviews.
TOMATOMETER
95%
Average Rating: 7.5/10
Reviews Counted: 21
Fresh: 20
Rotten: 1

Critics Consensus: John Wick: Chapter 2 does what a sequel should -- which in this case means doubling down on the non-stop, thrillingly choreographed action that made its predecessor so much fun.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll be watching my 4K/UHD of the first film tomorrow so I can get in the mood for #2.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I'll be watching my 4K/UHD of the first film tomorrow so I can get in the mood for #2.
It's funny you say that, I forgot I preordered it or I would've waited a day before watching it. I'm disappointed the Atmos trailer isn't on the 4k disc.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
After additional viewings, I found myself loving the first film, so I'm very pleased to see strong early reviews for the second film! I'll probably see this on Tuesday.

Mark

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Awesome sequel.

Does a great job expanding the Wickverse.

Almost as good as the first. Terrific violent action and Keanu again is in top form. Great locations and cinematography too.

Love this universe and the groundwork has been laid for a terrific franchise.

[emoji294][emoji294][emoji294]1/2 out of [emoji294][emoji294][emoji294][emoji294]

Hank_P

Second Unit
Will be seeing it tomorrow. John Wick is my wife's favorite movie. We have watched the Original a few times already this year, and again Wed night in preparation for the weekend viewing.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Awesome sequel.

Does a great job expanding the Wickverse.

Almost as good as the first. Terrific violent action and Keanu again is in top form. Great locations and cinematography too.

Love this universe and the groundwork has been laid for a terrific franchise.

[emoji294][emoji294][emoji294]1/2 out of [emoji294][emoji294][emoji294][emoji294]
Yes, its awesome!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Loved it!!!

Good news: John Wick 2 was good fun with GREAT sound.

Awesome news: they put in an Atmos theater here!!!

Terrible news: the Atmos theater is showing 50 shades darker :( :( :/

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Early Box office Looks like it will almost double the opening of the first at $30 million.

From Deadline

"Lionsgate/Summit’s John Wick: Chapter 2 is all fired up, with an estimated $11M-$12M Friday for a high-$20M weekend, possibly cracking $30M. The R-rated guys choice two years ago against Fifty Shades Of Grey, 20th Century Fox’s Kingsman: The Secret Service grossed $10.4M on its first Friday and $36.2M. Great result here: the only types of sequels that beat their predecessors are usually superhero movies."

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Terrible news: the Atmos theater is showing 50 shades darker :( :( :/

But, why? I assume it's because it's a larger theater, but that seems like such a waste.

Regarding, John Wick Chapter 2. I also really enjoyed it. I'll plan on coming back to this thread later for more discussion, but I will say I absolutely loved the visuals. What a gorgeous movie to look at.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I saw the first film and was underwhelmed. The problem (IMO) was that the Wick character was more or less invulnerable, which took away any suspense. He could just wade in to a room with 40 armed men and just mow them all down and not get a scrape on him, like he was Superman fighting in a room with no kryptonite around.

As a result, I wasn't going to see this one, until the RT rating in the 90s caught my eye. Now I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks