What's new

John Wayne Fans: "Hondo" on Turner Classic Movies (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Okay, it looks like TCM finally has the broadcasting rights issue straigthen out and are going to show this film. This western has rarely been shown on television over the years. It is one of my favorite John Wayne films as well as an underated film by many due to it being out of the public's eye for so many years. Man, I hope this means that a dvd release will happen sometime in 2003. Hopefully, Michael Wayne and Warner have come to some kind of financial understanding about this film as well as another of my favorites that has never been released on video "The High and the Mighty". I've only seen that film twice which was many years ago on television.

"Hondo" on TCM, November 2nd @ 8:00 p.m. ET

Crawdaddy

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Wow, I've never seen this movie at all, only the occasional "Married... with children" reference etc

This news alone might make it worth getting TCM back in case the european channel will show it as well.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Will it be the 3D version? (hopes against hope)

I doubt it. I used to have a copy of the 3D version when it was shown on television. Very cool movie. Maybe not up to the standards of the Wayne/Ford collaborations, but still quite good.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
John Wayne fans should note that Hondo will be part of a John Wayne 24-hour marathon that starts at 6:00am tomorrow.

This is part of TCM's western theme for November.

~T

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Brian, I should still have the 3D version from TV on VHS somewhere unless my wife decided to use it for a blank tape. (Yes, I know, VHS, but it's better than nothing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks