What's new

John Vernon passes away... (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Most notable to film audiences as Dean Wormer from Animal House and from Clint Eastwood's The Outlaw Josey Wales and Dirty Harry, veteran actor John Vernon has passed away peacefully at the age of 72.

Best known to Canadian television viewers in the 1960's CBC drama Wojeck, Vernon died peacefully at home in Los Angeles. He was born not far from Regina in Zehner, Sask.

His commanding voice allowed him wonderful voiceover work as well, in 60's Marvel TV cartoons Captain America, Iron Man, and The Marvel Superheroes, and in movies such as Heavy Metal.

Condolences to his family, he has an impressive body of work as a character actor in film and television.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I did a autograph cast matte from 24 of the voice actors from Bats. His was one I never got. :frowning:

He will always be Dean Wormer.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

R.I.P. John Vernon a.k.a. Dean Wormer. :frowning:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Aw, sad news. R.I.P. Mr. Vernon.

You've been immortalized in a few classic movies. Thank you, particularly, for your flawless performance in Animal House.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
"Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode."

:frowning:

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Killer Klowns, Dirty Harry, Animal House, Heavy Metal, Airplane II: The Sequel, Batman: TAS...

"Doctor, can you give the Court your impression of Mr. Striker?"
"I'm sorry. I don't so impressions. My training is in psychiatry."

"I know you're surprised that a big Hollywood star like me would appear in this movie. A lot of Hollywood stars have done exploitation films; like Angie Dickinson in 'Big Bad Mama'."

Thanks for all the great memories.

RIP

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
John Vernon delivered one of the best lines in "Batman: The Animated Series". Although he can't take credit for writing it, he is deserving of some praise for how perfectly he delivered it. Talking about Harvey Dent (soon to become Two-Face), he ominously remarked: "All men have secrets...the brighter the picture, the darker the negative".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks